What's new

Direct TV Installation..do it yourself or proffesional? (1 Viewer)

Dane_D

Grip
Hi all, I am about to purchase a Mits 65819 with a Sony NS700p DVD(Good Choice?), and am considering going all the way by adding the Mits HD tuner with direct TV. I know and understand how to install the round dish and point it at 1 satelite, but how difficult is it realy to install the eliptical dish for HD? I know there are multiple satelites to point to, but is this something I can do myself?
Also any other suggestions on RPTV and DVD combos welcome, I'm new at this...
Thanks....Dane
:)

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Although im in South Fla and it may be a lil ieasier down here for pointing.. I found it just as easy to point the eliptical dish as the round one. The tilt is set up prior to mounting it and other than that its the same as the round one. You wont get smae signal strength or both satellites though im sure. I got high 90s for one and low 80s for the other. Its beenf ine with that though. If you can do the round.... you can do the eliptical IMO..Just use the Elevationa and Azimuth setting suggestions from within the menu of the new receiver. Mine were different than my old reciever and would not work with the old elevation numbers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks