What's new

Direct Graphic DVD Comparisons now Online! (1 Viewer)

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
Hi Lord Dalek,
I just watched the film twice and can't think where I saw 'intertitles'. Can you give me a specific moment in the film? or do you mean for foreign languages?
Best,
Gary

Add - do you mean this "THIS IS A TRUE STORY. The events depicted in this film took place in Minnesota in 1987. At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed. Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred." at the beginning?

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
With a foreign langauge DUB or subtitle chosen - the 'intertititles' are still in English - making me suspect they are burned-in to the screen.
Gary

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Gary Tooze said:
Hi Lord Dalek,
I just watched the film twice and can't think where I saw 'intertitles'. Can you give me a specific moment in the film? or do you mean for foreign languages?
Best,
Gary
Add - do you mean this "THIS IS A TRUE STORY. The events depicted in this film took place in Minnesota in 1987. At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed. Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred." at the beginning?
There were a couple of titles shown during the movie that showed where the locations were. One was at the beginning, in the first shot after the main titles. If you could check it out, it'd be great.
It still doesn't make sense to me why studios (and particularly MGM) would change burned-in subtitles. The Terminator's opening was entirely ruined because of that on the dvd.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Gary Tooze said:
Yeah thats what I meant.

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks