What's new

>>> Direct from Universal Home Video: How to exchange your DTS Jurassic Park (1 Viewer)

Craig W

Second Unit
BrentJ

If it is an official copy(not a bootleg), it is relatively certain that its the new pressing if the hub does not contain either one of those numbers.

If you have a DVD ROM drive you can verify the version by check the dates of the VOB files on the disc. The newer vesion was done in 11/2000 and the older one was done in 7/2000.

Bolivar G

Second Unit
Does any know if there is a Number I can call?? Will like to find out if I can still exchange this disc.

Couldnt find a # to Universial home video on there website.

Terence C

Auditioning
First time post.
Just to let everyone interested know.
I sent my DTS copy of Jurassic Park D2R1 back to Universal Home Video on Sept. 19th 2002 via Canada Post surface mail and received the new version D2R2 on Oct. 2 2002 via express UPS. 13 Days...not bad considering it had the wrong return address on it. :laugh:
Is it worth it? It made things rattle in my HT that I've never heard rattle before.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

JaLe

Auditioning
Let see how fast I receive my disc.

I posted today (Oct 28 2002) my copy of Jurassic Park (DTS) PEMC-D2R1 to Universal.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
So what do I have to do if I want to swap mine now? Do I still have to call that phone number? DO I just send it?

Let me know.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
You guys wont be disappointed, with the new disc, you'll notice straight away the difference. The bass is just incredible.

DarrellP

Stunt Coordinator
I sure am glad I found this thread, I just bought JP DTS and the LFE SUCKS bigtime. I have been looking forward to this version since my old VHS tape really rocked. Thanks for the info, I will be mailing it off shortly.

JaLe

Auditioning
Let see how fast I receive my disc.
I posted today (Oct 28 2002) my copy of Jurassic Park (DTS) PEMC-D2R1 to Universal.
Today (Nov 26) I received e-mail from Universal and they wrote:
We recently received your JPDTS disc and it will ship out a week from today.
Week plus shipping time, I hope that I receive it before christmas. :emoji_thumbsup: A christmas present for me :) :) :)

Raine Linton

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone see this "red grid" new version for sale?? I only have the DD version, so I have to go back to square one.

Raine

JaLe

Auditioning
Nov 29th, UPS courier service guy was knocking on my door.
And YES, he has my JP DTS D2R2.
It took one month from Oct 28 to Nov 29 when I send and received parcel. I can't say nothing else but, good work Universal :emoji_thumbsup:
If somebody is intrested, address where I shipped my defective disc is:
Universal Studios Home Video
PO Box 224468
Dallas, TX 75260
United States
And e-mail for contacting them is:
universalstudios&[email protected]

Dan M~

Second Unit
Universal is still honoring this disk replacement offer. I called the number and was given the address to send the disk to. (No pre-paid envelope like BTF) I have sent the disk in and expect my new version in a couple of weeks. So if you have not taken advantage of this offer yet... here's a reminder to do so.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Thanks Dan, I was worried I was out of luck. I've been a bum, as I've had the disc since it's street date, just didn't care enough to do anything about it. But, I figure since I'll be messing with BTTF once I get my mailer, might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
I've been a bum, as I've had the disc since it's street date
Me to!
Just wanted people to know that the exchange program for exchanging the (coded D2R1) disc for the corrected (coded D2R2) disc is still alive.:emoji_thumbsup: (Code is found on the center ring of the disc.)
Mailed my old disc in on 5/3/2004 and received my new one today (5/17/04).
Thanks Universal!
Paul

MattHR

Screenwriter
Mailed my old disc in on 5/3/2004 and received my new one today (5/17/04).
Is the address in Ron's original post still valid?

If so, did you use the P.O. Box or the Autobahn Dr. address?

I still need to send mine in. I keep forgetting!

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Is the address in Ron's original post still valid?

If so, did you use the P.O. Box or the Autobahn Dr. address?
Yes. The address in Ron's original post is still valid.

Following his directions, I sent the disc to "Universal Studios Home Video, PO Box 224468, Dallas TX 75260".

It cost me about 60 cents for a small bubble lined envelope that I purchased at the grocery store and another 60 cents for postage.

Universal mailed the new disc back in a protective CD case.

Paul

Steven Larson

Stunt Coordinator
Besides the D2R2 coding, is there any other way to check if you have the newest version? I bought the DTS version at Best Buy today, opened it up, and I must be blind because I cannot find the code on the inner ring. (Either that or I need a strong magnifying glass and an eye exam....:b ).

If I check on my computer, the Video_TS folder and its contents are dated November 14 2000. I did play the movie a bit, and there seems to be some good LFE, so I hope I have the good disk. I was just hoping for some confirmation. Thanks.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks