What's new

Direct access to .Mac / iWeb upload site? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is there a way to directly access one's iWeb-uploaded files on a .Mac account? We've rummaged through her iDisk directory and there's nothing there for the website.

My wife has a recurring problem with her iWeb created site, where images vanish. If we could directly access where iWeb publishes her website, we could possibly learn more about why the images vanish.

Thanks.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You mean ftp access? Somehow I kind of doubt it.

Oren

Stunt Coordinator
You can directly access all the files (and manually edit them) via the finder. Open your iDisk in a finder windows, and navigate to /Web/Sites/iWeb.

Note: if you do manually edit them, they will be overwritten by iWeb the next time you sync.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Surprisingly, the website files are not found in that directly.

Basically, I want FTP access to the iWeb file location. On occaision, images disappear from my wife's iWeb-produced website. If I could examine the file location at the time, I might be able to determine if files are being deleted, moved; if the HTML code is being modified, or whatever. This is not the only solution approach but it seemed simple enough until I ran into Apple's (frustrating) over-protection scheme of hiding the code.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks