What's new

Dipole or monopole for EX/ES? (1 Viewer)

Christian dds

Auditioning
I am upgrading to 7.1 surround dts-es and THX ultra and would like some speaker advice. This system will be for movies only, (I have a seperate music system in a listening room). With 2 front, 1 center, 2 surrounds and 2 back surrounds would you recommend dipole, Bipole or direct radiating surround and back surrounds or a combo of both? Thanks for your advice.

The room is 16' wide and 23' deep with the viewing possition currently about 8' from back wall. There are very few limitations as to where I can place seating or speakers(3 blank walls and 1 long wall with door at back and fireplace on wall). It's a rectangular dedicated home theater room so almost any configuration is possible within space constraints. After I decide on what surrounds and rear surrounds, placement is next....suggestions welcome.

Would 1 or 2 rear wall surrounds be a better match with two side surrounds? Would two smear the discrete effects by matrixing the L&R surround signals?

If I am placing 6 Paradigm Reference Studio 20's and a Studio CC (all monopole) and Paradigm PW2200 sub and Denon 3802, what is the ideal location for each in my 23' (7m) deep x 16' (4.87m) wide x 8' (2.44m) high room. 3 walls are blank and the arrangement is very flexible (no windows).

BrentMann

Auditioning
I have a 6.1 configuration with dipole's directly on the side (for surrounds) and a direct for the rear center. The room is 12 x 40, with 12 x 22 dedicated as the listening area (the rear is suspended from the ceiling).

Hope this helps.

Christian dds

Auditioning
if using monopoles, would you place the side surrounds angled down near ceiling and behind seating and rear surround directed down also?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks