Dinotopia on ABC

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jonathon Tillman, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Jonathon Tillman

Jonathon Tillman Stunt Coordinator

2. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

In my opinion, they look extremly fake in regular def and I will garrentee you that unless they hype this program to death, nobody will be watching this movie or mini series.

3. Jesse Leonard

Jesse Leonard Second Unit

I agree that the CGI looks pretty fake. I also saw my fill during the Indian Jones broadcast this weekend. So, no I won't be watching it.

4. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

Yeah, those previews bugged the hell out of me during Raiders. I just thought the whole thing was kinda...silly, I guess.

JQ

5. derek

derek Second Unit

Anything with Dinos = $$$ so expect a ratings bonanza with this...even if the quality is poor. I haven't seen the advertisements yet so I'll save judgement. The books are quite interesting/fun though.

6. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

I think this looks like an interesting concept anyway, a society of intelligent dinosaurs living side by side with humans. If a story and or concept is good, less than perfect CGI isn't a big deal for me.
    As for the promos during the Indy films, I found them much less objectionable than the commercials that otherwise would have filled that time.
    Anybody know if Dinotopia will be broadcast in HD??
    I was very disappointed that ABC did not run Stephen King's Rose Red in HD.