What's new

Dinotopia, Nice! (1 Viewer)

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
David, I'm not sure that I'll buy your figures.
All I know.. is that this is just a guess.. as my local ABC station has a 3minute "NEWS BREAK" at 45 minutes after the hour.. every hour.

And when I watched it on tape there were a number of commercial cuts which, when we returned to the program the show was "reversed" a few seconds to show again what had happened before the break.

While I have not timed a broadcast TV show in some time.. I 'record on my computer' to VCD [don't have a DVD Burner yet] the TNT network show "Witchblade".. it runs 60 minutes real time and after I edit out all the 'FLUFF' it only has a running time of 40 minutes and this is with credits on both ends of the show.

This would give a 80 minute per-night two hour show and not the 90 minutes that I used in my breakdown.

--David

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Well, I came up with 249 minutes after watching it, and I do think that they cut a few short scenes out, but it could be me too.

I haven't looked at the extras yet, but they do have some deleated scenes. I wonder if they were deleated from the show on TV? Wouldn't that be a kick.

As for the series, I hope they can keep it going without getting the rest of the world involved, which would surely mess the island up.

Glenn

PS - Anthony, you got this DVD a week ago. without mentioning any names, was it just a retailer that forgot what day it was?

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Just bought this at a pawn shop for $10. It was in fine shape and the release-week sales are over anyway, so I think I got a fair deal. Anyway, watched probably a little less than 1/3 of it last night. I will try to finish it tonight. Since I bought it used and have no idea when my copy was originally sold, I'll have to see if I have the audio dropout problems.

Even though the effects arent great, the movie still offers some nice eye candy. The two brothers are a little annoying. They sometimes act a little unrealistic too. Like I thought it was a little weird that at some times they seem so shocked about their situation and at other times not. I also dont think the movie gave enough time exploring how the brothers felt about their father, and why they say they have to try to find out if he is still alive and then never do a single thing about it. Also, the pacing doesnt give a good idea of the passing of time. Like how long have they been their at the point when they have to take their final exams. It seems to me that it would take nothing short of a few YEARS for a person to learn dinosaur language verbally and written well enough to write a 17 page essay, and the one brother doesnt even seem to try at it, yet he knows it well enough to translate Queen lyrics into Saurian. Any way, sorry to rip up on what is supposed to be total fantasy. I will watch the rest of it and then maybe weigh in again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks