What's new

Dinosaur replacemt - looks any different? (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Now that the "corrected" replacement Dinosaur DVD's have been shipped and received, has any of the purist out there noticed any difference with quality (video, sound) from that of the original flawed issue (which played somewhat on my system)?

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I have the older Dinosaur(over a year old) and it plays perfectly, what was the problem? I missed it, sorry. :b

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Good Lord Sean... where have you been? :D
There has been many threads on the problems about this disc but the two main issues were:
1) The menus would either freeze up or bog down on some players.
2) It would not play at all on some PC's (which was my problem)
It appeared that the "some players" issue was address over and over on this forum where people would say which ones they had but I know on my Toshiba SD-2108 the menus are slow to load but doesn't freeze up, and won't play at all on my Samsung DVD-ROM.
In an effort to NOT start another "my player works" thread, please limit your answers to the original question. Thanks!

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
You know what? Come to think of it I did experience some Menu flaws and minor problems starting the movie, but once playing worked fine. I experienced similar flaws with "The Emperors New Groove", but I guess they weren't that bad and I just dealt with them. Do we get a corrected disc for free?

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
One thing that I feel must be pointed out here...

Just because your older version of this Disney DVD plays correctly on your current DVD player... what will happen if you upgrade/get a new DVD player in the future? You might end up with a coaster of an unplayable DVD.

I would suggest that everybody exchange their older version for a newer corrected version!

--David

John_Witt

Auditioning
The exchange process is this:
1. Buy faulty Dinosaur DVD
2. Notify Buena Vista Home Video of problem.
3. Wait, wait and wait and hear nothing from them.
4. Buy a new player because you are tired of waiting to play this disk.
3. Wait 14 months from initial notification for disc to come in the mail.
It's all really painless.;)

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Hmmm. I liked Fox's procedure on replacing defective Cleopatra discs "a little" better.

1. Call 20th Century Fox Video and get their answering machine

2. Explain that you have a Cleopatra disc with the missing music

3. Leave your name and address

4. Get the disc in the mail a week later

Of course this procedure lacks the "breathless anticipation" permitted by Disney's *solution*

;-)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
No one has yet answered my original question....

Does anything look or sound different between the original and the re-authored replacement disc?

My fear was waiting for Disney to "fix" the problems only to receive an inferior quality replacement.

Those who have mega systems that can detect differences, are there any?

Ed Jewell

Agent
The only thing I can comment on with the replacement Dinosaur CE is that now instead of having one layer change, there are now two. The first occurs during the dry lake transition sceen, and the second occurs during the transition between chapters 19 and 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks