What's new

Dinosaur Planet-what could it have been (possible starfox spoilers) (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I just finished Starfox adventures this weekend, and the only thing I thought of afterwards is what sort of game it would have been if it had still been Dinosaur planet. Would the fourth dungeon have been changed to not have so many flying elements? Certainly the final boss would have been different. Maybe it's just me, but I really would have rather seen the game as it was originally conceived-I have a feeling that it would have been a better game than what we actually got.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Not that different. The main gameplay addition were the flying sequences. If you watch some of the old Dinosaur Planet movies just about everything you see can be found in the final version of the game.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Just had a thought-would there be anything stopping Rare from releasing Dinosaur Planet on Xbox? Change the characters back to the original designs, add some more levels etc to the game perhaps, and release it as a different game. Some vindication for the original designers perhaps?

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Chris - I would like for them to continue the Dinosaur Planet game on the XBOX, maybe they can use all their orginal characters and include Krystal, that is if she isn't owned by Nintendo, which I don't see how. I'm not sure if we will see it though, as Rare sounds like they are very busy with Kameo, Perfect Dark 0, possibly another Banjo and Conker game.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
I'm actually enjoying SFA a lot right now. I didn't know a thing about it before it had the Starfox license attached to it.

The graphics are really top-notch, and the story is very decent, although they really didn't need to add the Starfox license to this game at all. I'm about 9 hours into it, and about 50% done.

I am REALLY looking forward to seeing Rare game on the Xbox though. I'd kill for a new Killer Instinct game or an updated Xbox Live enabled Blast Corps game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks