What's new

Dinosaur DVD recommendations for 2-year-old? (1 Viewer)

Timon Russo

Stunt Coordinator
I figured I'd start here, then do some research and check back later. Thanks for all input. My kid has already shown an interest in dinosaurs, so I wonder if I can go wrong here.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Try the movie Dinosaur. Also, the discovery channel had a special on dinosaurs not too long ago. I'm sure it should be on DVD by now.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I thought Walking with Dinosaurs collection to be fascinating with some neet-o-keen animation and CGI to keep kids interested as well as being educational. And I'm in my 30s :) There are two different versions out, the oringal one that I have and a more expensive full set collection...

It's only Dolby Digital 2.0 though so no 5.1 surround track on it.. but it's still cool!

jay

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
I remember the movie Dinosaur being a little scary for my little girl around that age. It's great but you may want to preview it.

Timon Russo

Stunt Coordinator
Both of those came to mind right away. I haven't seen Dinosaur, the animated movie, but unless I hear it's really bad, I'll probably get that. Thanks for the warning about it being scary - my little guy doesn't seem too scared of anything so far, but we'll see.

I rented Walking with Dinosaurs a couple years before I had a kid and loved it myself, so maybe I'll pick that up as well.

Thanks. Keep em coming.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Though the series isn't factual, have you considered The Land Before Time? This is a series of [how many now?] feature length animated movies about a group of young dinosaurs, and how they survived a drought by banding together to get to "the great valley," after being separated from their parents. At least the first one is.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The "Walking with..." series were AWESOME, but I can't see them holding the attention of someone so young. They are great because they are informative (which may not be what your 2 year old is in to).

And yes, Disney's Dinosaur may be a bit too much for a young child as well.

I definitely would recommend "Land Before Time" - or are you looking for more of a documentary DVD??

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
definitely 'land before time' ... heck i can watch that even now. little-foot (?) is so cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annehrtns01