Dinosaur CE will be OOP?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Karen Maraj, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Karen Maraj

Karen Maraj Agent

just wondering if this will disappear at the end of January. I am still waiting for the re-releasse because the current CE doesn't play on my DVD player. Should I buy it anyways just to have it since I will be upgrading players in a couple of years?

2. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

3. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    This month marks the 1 year release of the Dinosaur DVD and we all are still waiting for the glitch free pressing. Every time you call Buena Vista they give you a different story. But they have told so many different ones that they have recycled themselves!
    The last I heard the disc was ready and had been tested on various machines (mainly employees) but still no replacement?
    I thought about calling them tomorrow and asking where it is and don't they think 1 year is enough time to fix ANYTHING? Hell, I can restore a car in a year, fly to Mars and back, and have a baby plus some.... and they can't fix a friggin' DVD?

4. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

after hearing every possible excuse/sob story under the Sun from them, I too am getting angry. Perhaps we should tell them that a Disney Boycott is forming over this.

Maybe THAT will light a fire under them...

5. Eric Huffstutler

Eric Huffstutler Screenwriter

Eric Huffstutler
    Called Buena Vista / Disney customer Service again the other day and got the same old run-around!

The last time I called they said the disks were being tested on mainly employee players and PC's. This time they are saying that they "think" they have a good match (whatever that is supposed to mean) and the disk will be out soon... but don't know when.

I could tell that the person on the other end was typing in my comments as I expressed them to her and sure they have several pages worth on screen in my account alone for this title!

In the mean time, I wrote a letter to Disney's Customer Relations Department and wonder if they will respond? Worth a try.

6. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

After a year, I've forgotten what the problem with dvd release was. Luckily, I haven't had any problems with this dvd on my Sony 550. Actually, knock on wood, most the new titles that have caused great distress on most dvd players, have all played well on my 2.5 year old machine.

Go figure.

7. Oscar Saenz

Oscar Saenz Stunt Coordinator

Count me in on people who were waiting on the reissue until I popped the disc in my new XBox. It played free of glitches. Let me see... Won't play on my Pioneer Elite DV-37 but, has not problems on a $299 gaming console. Go figure!

8. Terrell

Terrell Producer

I would definitely suggest getting Snow White and the CE edition of Tarzan right away. Those are two awesome disc. As for Dinosau: CE, my copy has played flawlessly. So I wouldn't know about the problems with it.