What's new

Dino Crisis 3 First Movie and screens (1 Viewer)

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I'm sure they will have a better control scheme than GV though; at least, if they want to sell more than 3 copies of it.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure they will have a better control scheme than GV though; at least, if they want to sell more than 3 copies of it.
I dont know about "better" since that is very dependant on opinion. If you said "Different"...ok. Gunvalkyrie was a difficult game. It had a big learning curve. Sales wise unfortunately (Or fortunately depending on how you look at it) GV was a game that was for the "Hardcore" gamer and not for the masses. While I personally don't think Gunvalkyrie is an instant classic or a AAA title, It certainly had its moments and I enjoyed it.(Though my thumbs still hurt;) and the satisfaction of hitting a 25 boost combo still lingers..lol)
I just couldn't help noticing how much DC3 looks like GV. The minute the guy was boosting around I started looking for spider creatures!

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Can someone explain this a little bit? (I cancelled my Gamespot Complete)

-Dave (who's copy of Gunvalkyrie has a lot of dust on it)

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Heh. Re: Gunvalkyrie, I was having a fairly enjoyable conversation with a clerk at Best Buy (amazing, I know) a couple months ago about games and he was asking me what I thought of various Xbox games. He asked me about GV, saying "So how'd you like this one, besides the control scheme, I mean?" I surprised him by saying that I actually really enjoyed the controls in that game. I just feel it's unfair to say that it has bad controls since I think they're actually very responsive and they make sense when you think about it. Complex and hard to master, absolutely, but at least I know when I screw up in the game that it was because I screwed up and not because the damn character didn't move when I told her to move, for instance :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think that a really good game should be easy to learn/hard to master (like Tetris). In this sense, GV wasn't hitting that criteria. I only played it for a few minutes, but it did seem to be too complex to be playable and enjoyable without too much effort. They really should have allowed you to edit the controls.

Anyhoo, after seeing what Capcom did to MegaMan X7 and now DC3, I'm starting to lose hope for RE4 even more.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Anyhoo, after seeing what Capcom did to MegaMan X7 and now DC3, I'm starting to lose hope for RE4 even more.
Have you played either of those 2 games you mentioned? I don't see how judgement can be passed so easily without even so much as giving them a try.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
No, I haven't played either of them. Have you played Panzer Dragoon Orta or Silent Hill 3? I'm not getting personal, I'm just saying that people assume things based on what they see.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
No, I haven't played either of them. Have you played Panzer Dragoon Orta or Silent Hill 3? I'm not getting personal, I'm just saying that people assume things based on what they see.
Nope sure haven't. Nor have I judged either of those two games to be "good" or "great". I can't do that as i haven't played them. Have I been excited to see them arrive? Yes most definitely I'm ecstatic to see them both coming. I'm bursting at the seems in excitement for Panzer Dragoon. Have I gone into any thread and said "Once Panzer Dragoon is released no shooter will ever come close to touching its billiance". Sure haven't.

Expressing excitement or even disappointment over a product that is as of yet to be released is one thing. Outright judging a game or deeming it to be bad without ever playing it is a totally different matter Morgan.

Especially when you can go on to say that hope is being lost for Resident Evil 4 which, first of all you have never laid eyes upon, #2 you know no concrete information on.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Color me just a bit disappointed with that video. That does not look like Survival-Horror to me. Looks like they had a 3D engine and they decided to adapt a Dino Crisis game to it.

Gunvalkyrie 2 is right,

Maybe things will change?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Gunvalkyrie 2 is right, Maybe things will change?
I wasn't overly impressed with the video myself. I played and beat both the first 2 games and it looks like they just went in a totally different direction with this one. Who knows though, it may end up being a further advance on the survival horror/Action genre. Maybe something along the lines of Devil May Cry in terms of action. We'll have to wait and see.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Color me just a bit disappointed with that video. That does not look like Survival-Horror to me. Looks like they had a 3D engine and they decided to adapt a Dino Crisis game to it.
Exactly. What in the hell is going on in that video?? That looks nothing like the Dino Crisis series. Dino Crisis is supposed to be survival horror. If they wanted to make a game like this, why even give it the Dino Crisis name? I was actually looking forward to Dino Crisis 3 until this video.

Aaron

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Romier-

I was saying that I was disappointed with the videos of MMX7 and now DC3. Because of my disappointment with those two games thus far and the fact that Resident Evil 4 is supposed to be "something totally different" (one of the Capcom guys actually said this) I'm starting to lose hope that it will be in the same vein as the series. I'm not saying it will be a bad game, just that it won't be to my liking in comparison to the other RE games.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
GV2 it shall be named!
I hereby decree that henceforth we (HTF members) shall indubitably refer to DC3 as GV2.
:D
Troy
btw, it does look like GV...

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I was saying that I was disappointed with the videos of MMX7 and now DC3. Because of my disappointment with those two games thus far and the fact that Resident Evil 4 is supposed to be "something totally different"
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification Morgan;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks