Dimmer Panny 47

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Tim Jin, May 10, 2004.

1. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

My PT47WX42 to be a lot more dimmer now. It seems like it happened overnight because when I got home one day, few weeks ago, I noticed that the TV got dimmer all of a sudden, but I didn't think much of it.

I am also noticing a lot more reds in the picture with stndard def cable, especially on the digital channels, very dark. When I try to adjust the contrast and the brightness, it doesn't seems to help.

The 1080i and 480p picture looks the same as before. I don't see much of a difference than before. Maybe the picture is darker, but I don't see much of a difference.

The standard def looks horrible. I see a big difference. The picture is dimmer and very dark.

What could it be?

Could it be the TV, or could it be my S Video cable is going bad or could it be the Cable? I exchanged the Cable box, but that didn't help.

Time Warner is "suppose" to come out later in the week to check the signal strength. I am also having problems with the Cable.

Any thoughts?

2. Andy Goldstein

Andy Goldstein Stunt Coordinator

either a bad cable, ot the dreaded "evil pop" gotcha. chack out www.panny.tv for in-depth info.

ag.

3. Andy Goldstein

either a bad cable, or the dredded "evil pop" gotcha. chack out www.panny.tv for in-depth info.

ag.

4. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

I've had the evil pop before. If this was the case, it would effect all of my inputs on my set.

I've had every known issue with this set.

My HD and DVD looks great.

I just talk to my TV guy and he thinks that it could be the processing board again and he is going to look into it before he comes out.

It could be also Time Warner.

I will keep the group posted.

5. Andy Goldstein

any chance of just replacing the set?

6. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

The set is about an year and a half old. I bought the extended warranty through Panasonic. I figure after the 5th year, I will start looking for an upgrade. I just don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get it replace from Panasonic because it can be a uphill battle. If they decide to replace it, all they're going to do is give me another refurb.

So, I highly doubt I will get it replace unless I buy a new display.

7. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

On the cable box, you can select the different output, 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, etc. I just tried the 480i on the component side of the tv and I get that awful dark picture, but when I change to the HD channel, the 1080i picture looks good. It's not my S Video cable because I still get that dark 480i with my component cables.

It's either Time Warner or the TV.