What's new

digtal TVs (1 Viewer)

Tom_Price

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone explain the differences between a digital TV and an HDTV if there are any? I'm a little unclear between the two or if they are both terms used to describe the same thing.

Thanks,
TJ

Richard Paul

Stunt Coordinator
Tom it's very much like the fact that a salmon is a fish but a fish is not necessarily a salmon. HDTV is simply a Digital TV that has a resolution which most people say is at least 3/4 of a million pixels. This would cover 720p, 1080i, and 1080p and is usually in a aspect ratio of 16:9. Most HDTV's sold are more technically called HDTV monitors since they do not contain a ATSC tuner. A DTV is supposed to mean a TV that can receive digital signals though truthfully that means even a 480i TV with a ATSC tuner could be a DTV. Also a EDTV is a TV that can do 480p though most sold are EDTV monitors. The FCC has gotten tough on manufacturer's and will require all 36" and larger TV's to contain ATSC tuners after June 1st of 2005. Also all 25" TV's and above must contain ATSC tuners after June 1st of 2006 and 13" TV's and above after June 1st of 2007. All VCR's and recorders must have ATSC tuners after June 1st of 2007. Personally I'm just hoping the FCC gets tough on cable companies and makes a standard HDTV cable connection within the next year.

ThomasFranks

Auditioning
Real Name
Thomas Franks
Hi Tom_PriceOn my point of view HDTV as arriving at a television by the same means as DTV, there is a difference in the quality of the picture one will get. And the another point it you can have digital TV capabilities, yet not be able to receive any HDTV picture.If some body know more then describe.....

LCD Android TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks