What's new

Digitalbits says Warner Chat coming to HTF. See post #56 for new scheduled date. (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Is George Feldstein related to George Feltenstein? :)

By any name, he is a true class act. Your statement

"It's not very often you find someone at a studio
who really understands the product that they
are putting out and how to do it in a way that it
excites its fanbase"

is dead on accurate and is exactly the reason why Warners consumers are so loyal to the Warner brand. Mr. Feltenstein and his staff have certainly enhanced my love for classic film by providing films I wouldn't have ordinarily sought out at a very reasonable price.

I'm very much looking forward to "meeting" him a the chat. Thanks to HTF for providing the opportunity to do so and thanks to Warners for taking the time.

Steve

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Steve,

Thanks politely for pointing out the typo.

It has been corrected.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator

3. It would qualify as a "prominent film" and is "not that old" (1970).

4. The DVD release is bare bones, with no extras.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
That I don't know, as I don't own it and haven't seen it. DVD Savant at dvdtalk gave it a "recommended."

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I agree he was probably talking about On A Clear Day.
The movie looks great. I am not a big fan of it I would recommend it for Streisand fans . I can't see anyone who does not like her liking this movie. It is a shame none of the missing footage was included.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
O/T:

I tried this in the feedback section and wasn't able to get a response.

I want in on the Warner chat because I have some titles I want to ask about (If you've read my posts these past few years, you know some of the titles, both movie and TV, that I really have a hard-on for).

Anyway, I'm not able to access the chat room through the link provided on the chat room page, and of the IRC clients recommended, I tried one and wasn't able to access the chat room. The other (Pirch) led me to a dead website (you know, one of those up-for-grabs sites with links to shopping categories).

I'll ask this in here:

Can anybody recommend a good IRC client for a Windows 2000 PC?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

When it comes to the Warner chat, God willing, I'll be there with bells on.

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
So, what is the film Feltenstein mentions in the article... the prominent one released a few weeks earlier that had no extras but had famously cut scenes...?

Any guesses?

He says it was a week earlier, but we have no idea when the interview was taped so it could be anywhere in the last month or more...

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
What might be a good idea, and I propose this to our stalwart HTF owners, is to give those who can't make the chat, or don't get to "Yo" in, a chance to forward their specific questions to someone at HTF who can then pass them on to Warner. This way, they can then be posted as an addendum. It certainly won't take away from the excitement and the immediacy of the Warner chat, but it will also communicate more information to those who want to know...

Just a thought..

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
It's possible it could he HELL'S ANGELS as that fits the bill, though I don't think any of the alternate material survives, so that would probably rule it out...

DeeF

Screenwriter
Yup, it's Clear Day. George loves musicals...so this would be pre-eminent in his mind, I think.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

You mean the 1930 film Hell's Angels, directed by Howard Hughes? :) I'm no whippersnapper, but even I wouldn't call that film "recent". :)

Joe

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
the interviewee mentioned an upcoming Warners collection titled "Broadway To Hollywood"... can anyone shed some light on this, I must've missed the announcement?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks