What's new

Digitalbits says Warner Chat coming to HTF. See post #56 for new scheduled date. (1 Viewer)

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
The current MGM/UA (soon to be Sony...) owns THE NOOSE HANGS HIGH (originally an Eagle-Lion release that went to UA when the Eagle-Lion management team took over UA in 1952), and they also own DANCE WITH ME, HENRY.

I believe that MGM has announced those titles will be coming to DVD.

WB does own the 3 MGM films (RITA, HAREM & A&C IN HOLLYWOOD). I would venture to guess they would eventually release them.

DaveK

Second Unit

Thanks Roger for your response. I wonder if it's worth buying. I don't recall ever seeing Noose or Henry.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
If you're a die-hard A&C fan, you might want them.

If you're a casual fan, you'd be happier spending your money elsewhere...

Both are pretty awful, with HENRY (their last film) being excrutiatingly bad (in my opinion).

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
John*P - it's also handy to have your possible questions typed out on a Word page or something similar so that if/when it's your turn to ask the question you can do a quick copy/paste instead of needing to type the whole thing out. This helps speed up the chat and allows for more questions to be asked in a shorter amount of time. :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Warner Chat to be delayed by approx. two weeks.
New date to be announced later this week.
Stay Tuned...and thanks!

DaveK

Second Unit

Great idea Brandon. I know that if you're rushing, you might jumble your thoughts and/or misspell some words.

RossHy

Agent
Is there a transcript from last year's chat still around somewhere? I wanted to see what all was said last year.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
We will announce the new date Monday.

Hint: Keep March 29th open.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway

Thanks. Can't say I thought of it myself - learned it from another user, though I cannot recall who.

The other nice thing about doing the copy/paste of pre-typed questions is that you can be sure to have 3-5 good questions in case the one you were about to ask is asked right before you. This happened to me once and if I hadn't been prepared I would have had one of those, "Err....my question was just asked. Skip me, I guess." moments.

Also, that link to the last Warner chat reminds me that I was lucky enough to be first to ask a question last time. That allowed me to spend the remaining chat time not worrying about my own question(s) but rather making a shorthand list of titles discussed in the chat. If I have the energy and time this year I'll glady do the same, as I recall the HTF membership was very grateful for the "Hitlist", as it were, before the official transcript came out. :)

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I already have March 29th marked off and I look forward to the announcement. Hopefully http://news.toonzone.net can spread the world alittle, too. I know alot of Animated DC Fans are aching to hear anything about WHV's future plans, but I'll save any questions for the chat. Thanks!

LizH

Second Unit
Is the chat now officially on March 29th @ 8:00 p.m. EST? Has the time changed at all?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
With the upcoming Warner Chat scheduled for March 29th, I decided to take a trip down memory lane and revisit this thread that was started by me over four years ago. The thread discussed several of the Warner titles not released to dvd at that time and I was very critical of Warner's past dvd release strategy. My, have times changed. Many of those titles mentioned in that thread have been released or are scheduled to be release to dvd this year. Some of those titles don't even belong to Warner any longer and have been released by other studios or are being rumored to be released in the near future.

Yes, this format has come a long way and while there is still alot of gold to be mined in Warner's film library, however, it's only fair for me to admit that they've done a splendid job over the last four years. Sure, they've made their mistakes, but overall, I have few complaints about their performance and I appreciate the role they've played in making dvd, the best video format currently available to the general public. Hopefully, the studios and hardware manufacturers can get their act together and provide further video and audio improvements for videophiles like myself and those that frequent this forum.

Crawdaddy

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Parker and I have talked to George Feltenstein
on the phone recently.

Let me tell yuh....you couldn't ask for a better
individual to be heading up that division of WB.

It's not very often you find someone at a studio
who really understands the product that they
are putting out and how to do it in a way that it
excites its fanbase.

When we talked with George he made it known to
us that he really makes a point to consider extras
for these classics that will really make these
sets stand out.

George is a very down-to-earth guy with a terrific
sense of humor. He's very passionate about what
he does at Warner Brothers and I think all those
attributes will be shown when we join him in the
chat room on May 29th.

Warner Brothers approached us about doing this
year's chat because they understand the value of
this forum and its membership. We are grateful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks