What's new

Digital Video Essentials (1 Viewer)

TomH

Second Unit
I just received notice from Dvdplanet that "Digital Video Essentials" has been cancelled by the manufacturer.
Can anyone suggest the best alternative to calibrate 6.1?
Thanks
Tom

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
Phil, if you are asking if S&V's Home Theater Tune-Up and Digital Video Essentials are the same product, then no, they are not the same. HTT is a completely new calibration DVD that we partnered with Sound and Vision to create.
HTT is intended (and priced) for a wider audience than AVIA or VE, so its emphasis is even more on ease of use and understandability. The content is updated to better match today's needs (like 6.1 channel calibration) but we've made it less technically threatening than AVIA. The core audio and video test signals have been further refined, but HTT is not intended to replace AVIA. The new video test signal set is targeted for user controls. Advanced tweakers and calibrators will find HTT and AVIA work well as companion discs.
As a bonus, Home Theater Tune-up previews some AVIA and AVIA Pro signals which allow easier focus, twice as fine convergence, and more accurate grayscale work than previously available.
------------------
Guy Kuo
Link Removed
[Edited last by Guy Kuo on November 16, 2001 at 02:17 AM]

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
Guy,
Thanks for the information on the upcoming HTT. I know it will be a quality product with it coming from Ovation and Sound & Vision. I emailed Ovation and they said they hope to have it out by mid December for web retailers.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruavain
Recent bookmarks