What's new

Digital VCRs (1 Viewer)

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
I just read about the "JVC HM-DH3000" and was wondering if anyone here had a D-VCR. I did some reading and it seems like a pretty nice unit. It's capable of every picture format, including the 1080i and 720p. It's also backwards compatible with any type of VCR. And the blank tapes can tape 24 hrs if you want a mere 480i picture quality.
The only bad thing I read about it is that there are currently only 5 movies out on D-VHS (but there's supposed to be over a hundred in the next 6 months). And of course, it doesn't have all that nice of a price tag $1500 (but I heard it's going down to $1000 in a month). It sounds like a pretty nice unit, does anyone have any experience with this model or any other?
Does anyone think that the D-VCRs will take off in sales, or will the anticipation of HD-DVDs ruin this?
Another good plus is that it's $1000, but can COPY HD quality pictures, you can't get that quality with the best DVD copiers, which are quite a bit more then 1 grand. Sorry if this seems like a ramble, I was just overwhelmed with info in the past hour or so, and want to share my knowledge (even if everyone else already knows about it)... :)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
The reality is that it's a digital VCP. It's a crippled VCR. No component video inputs and the firewire input is of no use yet if ever. They're going to have to offer me a full-featured digital VCR I can use with the off-the-air HD tuner box I'm going to aqquire soon before I'll bite. That means analog component inputs. Best wishes!

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I don't believe the recorder is crippled as 169time modified DTC-100 STBs allow full 480p, 720p, and 1080i recording with this VCR.

The problem is the current STBs are crippled.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
uh oh, d-vhs legitimacy statements. hello, my name is can of worms. and you have just opened me!
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks