What's new

Digital Tuner Hookup (1 Viewer)

RichN

Stunt Coordinator
I should be getting my Panny TUHDS20 tuner in about 2 weeks. I understand that it has two RF inputs (ANT and SAT). I have a digital antenna to pick up the local stations OTA and I was wondering if I could connect my cable company feed to the SAT input of the tuner instead of having to A/B both antenna and cable to the ANT input. Is there something special about the SAT input that would prevent me from doing this? I've never had SAT, so I know nothing about their signals.

RichN

PaulKH

Second Unit
Hmmm... confused a bit here. As I understand it you're going to have two sources: OTA HDTV and cable. The Panny tuner box will give you COMPONENT and other output signal types to send to your TV, which you connect to the appropriate input. For the cable signal, just connect that direct to the ANT input (unless you have a cable box which will have composite/S output probably).

RichN

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry for the confusion. I'm not concerned with outputs. I just want to know if I can connect my cable company input to the SAT input of the tuner. Is there a difference in signal level (voltage) between satellite and commercial cable that would prevent me from doing this.

RichN

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just want to know if I can connect my cable company input to the SAT input of the tuner. Is there a difference in signal level (voltage) between satellite and commercial cable that would prevent me from doing this.
There should be no problem with the voltage. There will be a problem in that your sat receiver expects DirecTV's proprietary data stream and not your cable company's analog and digital information. It will not work.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quirkyorc
Recent bookmarks