What's new

Digital STB Help (1 Viewer)

I hope I am posting this in the right thread. Anyhoo, I have the Samsung SIR-T351 STB fed from the Terk TV44 antenna (over the air) mounted on the dish and fed thru rg-6 coax to the back of the unit. My problem is that I can not tune the VHF bands. Either tuning manually or thru the autoscan feature it will not recognize channels 2-13. My other tv's will do this fine (fed straight from the antenna). I am trying to get the play off games on fox in the theater. Thanks Adam
[email protected]

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Are you sure it has a OTA NTSC Tuner?

I looked at the Sammy web site, and the specs don't show that it can receive NTSC.

BGL

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Adam,

Hey you have the same name as a DJ who used to work in the DC area. "The Smash"!

First of all, your STB only tunes digital channels, most of which tune in the UHF zone. Even if it says channel "7" it's probably channel 65 in real life or something like that. In the "autoscan" it'll find channel 65 and when you do channel up/down on the remote it will "show up" under its old analog NTSC VHF number in the market.

Second, Terk is like the Bose of antennas. Scratch that, Bose speakers actually make noise. Terk antennas don't really pick up anything unless you're right under the tower!

As much as I love the HTF, I've got to tell you to check out the "HDTV Hardware" forum over at www.avsforum.com for advice. I think there's a lot more HDTV OTA interest over there than here, this place is more DVD/movie oriented (appropriate I suppose since it's more THEATER focused).

Check www.antennaweb.org to see what you can get in the way of local digital channels. Look for the "Zenith Silver Sensor" antenna if you're close to the towers, or look at other options. I'm using a Channel Master CM4221A pointed at each of the two markets I am in range of.

The OTA Fox baseball broadcasts are FANTASTIC!!!

Thanks guys. Excellent info. Adam.
PS Iam not the guy from DC. I did live the in the early 80's though and then we had the Greaseman on one of the radio stations. Wild man.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks