Digital skips in a Box Set

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack_F, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Jack_F

Jack_F Stunt Coordinator

I have a problem.

Disc 7 of Season 3 of my ST:TNG box set is totally screwed up.

There are 2 episodes and bonus material on this disc.

Episode 1 played okay through about 3/4 of it, but at that point, there was a massive onslaught of digital skips, after about 1 minute, the disc stopped playing at all.

Episdoe 2 won't even play, the disc just stays at the menu screen after you push play.

Now, I know I could return this to my retailer (Best Buy) and get another one, but there are several reasons that I do not want to do this.

1) If I return it, I will get a copy that is beat up and has been on the shelf since July 2. I spend a good 15-20 minutes on release day to make sure my case has no blemishes on it. If I'm going to pay $99.99 for 1 season of a T.V. show, I want it in good condition.

2) Even if I relent and do so, the BB employees will insist on opening the new box and unfolding the discs to check to make sure they are all there or whatever it is they check for. These people have no reason to treat the box properly, they will do more damage to it right there than it has suffered from shipping from Paramount to BB, being put on the shelf by BB employees, and sitting on the shelf being grabbed at by customers for 2 months!

So, what I want to know is, if I write to Paramount and ask for a replacement disc to be sent to me, what is the response I should expect?

-Jack

Or, if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

2. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Take the disc only, with your receipt, to the store.
    Have them open another box, and give you the replacement disc. They can return that box with your defective disc.
    Shouldn't be a problem.

3. Jack_F

Jack_F Stunt Coordinator

good idea, thanks.