What's new

Digital photo printers (1 Viewer)

DanaA

Screenwriter
It's actually pretty sad and embarassing how ignorant I am about these things. :b That's why I need HTF.

The ones I hear the best things about as far as photo printing are the Epson and Canon. I'm going to try and find some to demo this morning and am going to stop by Costco and Sam's Club to see what, if anything, the local ones have.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
If you're gonna go Epson, go for the models that have a five-pot colour cartridge (plus an additional one for black). Much better tonal graduations.

Steve Clark

Second Unit
That said, please have a look at the Epsons ... I like these (the Photo Printer) best of all printers I have experience with, including HP ... They deliver amazing results.
I'll have to 2nd this. I have seen the results of the Epson Photo 825, which has a five color cartridge and a black cartridge, and have been amazed. Just remember, if you buy an Epson, make sure you use premium Epson photo paper. There is a significant drop off in quality and color if you use Kodak paper.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Epson does sound really good and the price of the 825 is very nice. I'll have to wait a bit to check them out as my teenaged daughter needed my emotional support today, but that's another thread. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks