1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Digital out connection not working?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_Dan, Aug 2, 2001.

1. Jeff_Dan

Jeff_Dan Auditioning

I have a very basic home theatre set up. 35" TV, Sony DVD, Sony Home Theatre (500 watt). I had everything working great, digital cable was hooked up to my receive correctly, same with the DVD to Receiver, surround sound the whole works...
    I had to take everything apart to put into my new entertainment center. I thought I was doing everything correctly, but my DVD to Receiver "digital out" (audio)connection isn't hooked up properly and I don't have a clue why? I've been throught the directions three times and I could swear I have done everything to the "t". Everytime I unplug the digital out cable (regular coaxial monster) that runs from the receiver to DVD the analog connection works (you can hear sound as it's meant to be). Everytime I plug the digital connection it cuts off (no sound). Any clue on what I've done wrong?

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I'm not familiar with your receiver BUT, maybe you have to switch the receivers setting to recognize the digital input so that it isn't looking for an analog signal for that particular componant. I hope this helps.
    Rich
    ------------------
    "A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
    My Website

3. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

This might be silly, but the cable needs to go to the digital in of the receiver, and the digital out of the DVD player. That's what you're doing, right?

4. Jeff_Dan

Jeff_Dan Auditioning

Yes, I've done all that correctly, it's still a mystery. I'm really not an idiot. [​IMG]

5. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

OK, that's good [​IMG] It's not about being an idiot... when you do figure it out, it'll almost certainly be something that'll make you slap your forehead and go DUH! [​IMG]

6. Tom Sullivan

Tom Sullivan Agent

You probably hv to go back into the DVD players menu and open up the digital stream.