What's new

Digital Optical Splitter ? (1 Viewer)

Eric Hargrove

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, they do work. If you think you may ever have a need for more optical jacks in the future, etronics.com has the Recoton ADS1000 for $14.99.

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, getting a dolby digital satellite reciever so and I don't have any jacks left ! I was worried I would be SOL. :)

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Just curious, what happens if you happen to have both sources connected to the one input active at the same time, and you select that digital input on your receiver?

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
It will explode and leave you sterile, if you dont want anymore children try it.(joke, joke or as the old man said "jokes over you are still getting a whipping")
I think you would hear garbage or nothing, I doubt it would hurt anything.

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
not sure, I will hook my xbox and ps2 up to the splitter. So I don't have to worry about using the both at the same time.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Michael
The exact same type/style Toslink splitter is available threw Part Express along with Right Angle Toslink Adaptors if you are hurting for room behind the receiver.
Buy the time you put the Toslink Adapter on and hook up your straight Tos cables their sticking out around 3+ inches. Of course the Tos cables don't like a sharp bend so the Toslink right angle adapters (they rotate 360 degrees) you might find useful if you have a lack of space behind the Receiver..
Quick shipping, a great company. You will receive their current cataloge with your order if you choose buy something from them.
www.PartsExpress.com
Prices & Part #'s...
Toslink Splitter
Part #(180-964) cost= $5.80 for-1
Toslink Right Angle Adaptor
Part #(180-958) cost= $2.25 for-1
PE Phone #1-800-338-0531
Just another option for you...
Regards
Geoff

Rob Bruce

Agent
If you turn them both on, all you will get is a reciever getting two audio sync signals, it willl get confused, and will just act like nothing is connected, or possibly flash in and out of sync. I tried it once with two digital coax signals.

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
From the pic, it looks like the splitter has all female connectors. Does the splitter plug directly into my reciever ?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
From the pic, it looks like the splitter has all female connectors. Does the splitter plug directly into my reciever ?
Just an assumption, but, it looks like you connect a cable to your receiver, then the other end of the cable to the ouptut on the splitter. You would then plug your two sources into the input ends. Actually, the design looks good because of space limitations behind the receiver that some have discussed above. By having the splitter connected to a cable, you could place it on a different shelf in your cabinet where more room might be present.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks