What's new

Digital Optical help??? (1 Viewer)

Tom(F)

Auditioning
Ok, so I have a new 6.1 surround system and an xbox with monster 400 component cables running to my tv. This is all hooked up fine I believe. I just bought the monster optical cable that hooks up to the component cable at the xbox and other end goes to receiver. The problem is that there is a slight delay with the action on screen and the sound coming from the speakers when playing xbox. When I switch to the analog input there is no delay. Could it just be a bad optical cable? Any help would really be appreciated.

If more information is needed to solve problem just ask.

Thanks in advance :)

Sam A

Stunt Coordinator
Could it just be a bad optical cable?

no, think about it, if the optical cable is sending the info, ie there is sound coming from the speakers, then that means the optical cable works. it is using OPTICS which means basically AT LIGHT SPEED. what might be happening is the DAC is delaying the signal a fraction of a sec. OR you have a DSP that makes it sound delayed, ie theater mode. whatever the case, its not the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks