What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Sergeant York (in HD) on sale at iTunes for $5.99. It's a conundrum. Should I buy or wait for a possible Blu-ray from Warner Archive?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sergeant York (in HD) on sale at iTunes for $5.99. It's a conundrum. Should I buy or wait for a possible Blu-ray from Warner Archive?
Well, if you waited then you're too late at that price point as it's back up to $9.99! I bought it a year ago for $6.99 and will buy the WA Blu-ray as it's a favorite film of mine. I've watched that movie so many times, I can't even calculated how many times.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Well, if you waited then you're too late at that price point as it's back up to $9.99! I bought it a year ago for $6.99 and will buy the WA Blu-ray as it's a favorite film of mine. I've watched that movie so many times, I can't even calculated how many times.
Oh iTunes, you tax me so. A mere 3 hours is not enough time for me to decide on anything, so I guess they don’t want my money. Fine, I’ll wait.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Oh iTunes, you tax me so. A mere 3 hours is not enough time for me to decide on anything, so I guess they don’t want my money. Fine, I’ll wait.

Interesting. I didn't know some of these deals expired in hours. I thought they were, at the least, 24-hours.

Quite a few offerings in today's sale, but nothing that jumps out as MUST BUY. I keep seeing THE COLOR PURPLE being offered at a nice price (I own it on Blu-ray anyway), but I think with its recent theatrical re-release, it's heading to 4k soon.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Never seen King Creole and have been waiting for a good version to jump on. Was going to be a rental, but for this price, I’m in! Now to go see what Wayne films are on offer...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The only one of his I really need to get is Mclintock and of course, it's not on sale :(

For that one - iTunes offers two versions, one from Olive that’s a public domain print, and one from Paramount that’s from the original film elements. Make sure to get the Paramount one!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was hoping there would be a reduction on The High and the Mighty, but no such luck.
Ironically, it's one of my DVD titles that properly converted to HD Digital on Vudu for $2.50. I checked it on iTunes a while back and it's never been below $12.99 on that service.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
A bunch of good (mostly) Sci-Fi(ish) titles on sale. Oblivion 4K, Soderberg's Solaris, 12 Monkeys, The Quiet Earth, Another Earth, just to name a few, for $5. There's a bunch of good stuff.

I'm picking up Oblivion and Solaris. I already have all the others I'd be interested in on BR.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The Ghost and the Darkness, which has yet to see a Bu-ray release, is also available on iTunes in HD for $4.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks