What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (4 Viewers)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I looked through a lot of movies, and only picked up three. I tend to only buy digital rights on movies that are only available on DVD and it's the only way I can get them in HD.

Candy ($5)
It's All True ($5)
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer ($8)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
When I purchased LOA via the "gift to myself" method, it appears the order was charged to my credit card instead of being taken out of the account balance from the gift cards I had applied to my account. Is this normal?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If he didn’t gift it to himself then his gift card balance should cover that charge.
Seems like a silly policy. You can use gift cards to buy stuff for others (I'm supposing) and for yourself, but not as a "gift" for yourself to upgrade a previous purchase?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Yep, normal:

“Gifts are charged to the payment method that you have on file for your Apple ID, even if you have a credit balance available. You can't buy a gift with Apple ID credit.”

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Seems like a silly policy. You can use gift cards to buy stuff for others (I'm supposing) and for yourself, but not as a "gift" for yourself to upgrade a previous purchase?
It seems like a silly rule to me, too, but it was only $5 so I am not going sweat it. This was the first time I ever sent a gift via iTunes, so I just wanted to know if this was normal or if Apple had screwed up.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
It seems like a silly rule to me, too, but it was only $5 so I am not going sweat it. This was the first time I ever sent a gift via iTunes, so I just wanted to know if this was normal or if Apple had screwed up.
If you gift from your gift balance, you are technically re-gifting and that’s just bad manners! :D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Though not as good as the last one, another major iTunes sale is happening with each passing hour, more titles continue propagate to lower pricing.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Though not as good as the last one, another major iTunes sale is happening with each passing hour, more titles continue propagate to lower pricing.
I noticed that too. A lot of Warner titles. Considering:
The Swan $4.99
Springfield Rifle $4.99
Watch on the Rhine $5.99
Johnny Belinda $5.99
The Broadway Melody $5.99

One thing is for sure, whichever titles I decide to buy will most likely get WAC Blu-ray announcements shortly afterwards!

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Armored Car Robbery is one that had been rental only earlier in the year so I’m happy to be able to buy it at $5.99...

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Just a word of warning for anyone picking up $5 iTunes versions of titles that have been released on Blu-ray through Warner Archive, more likely than not, they will not be the new BD transfers.
Both Cimarrons are on sale. I might spring for the ‘31 version, but definitely not the ‘60 version which just got announced for BD.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
They've added Mother Night at $5, an interesting, if flawed adaptation of the Kurt Vonnegut novel about an American living in Germany when WWII breaks out, who decides on an unusual way to help the Allied side, but comes to question if he did more harm than good. A surprisingly good and big name cast for such a low budget movie.

Vonnegut's novel is an eerily prophetic example of what a double-edged sword propaganda and hate-mongering can be. It's every bit as meaningful today as it was when it was written.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    blitz
    Recent bookmarks