What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Of course, Vudu is having a big sale, too, and I stumbled across The File on Thelma Jordan for $4.99. I was surprised to find out that I didn't have this fine movie on any home video format, but that is now rectified.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Of course, Vudu is having a big sale, too, and I stumbled across The File on Thelma Jordan for $4.99. I was surprised to find out that I didn't have this fine movie on any home video format, but that is now rectified.

I would love to bite on that one as I've never seen it, but I just can't bring myself to buy non-MA titles from Vudu right now...

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Amazon is going to have iTunes Gift Cards on sale starting on November 29th thru December 2nd. I think it will be 20% off with restrictions on how many you can purchase.
I'm guessing you buy one, you get a redemption code, which you just enter into your iTunes account, and it automatically takes from the balance until it's used up?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I'm guessing you buy one, you get a redemption code, which you just enter into your iTunes account, and it automatically takes from the balance until it's used up?

You got it

That is slightly better than Target, which is essentially 15% off.

Amazon is offering a $10 bonus if you reload your gift balance with $100 - I'd be curious to see if you can combine both deals...

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Don't you get another 5% off if you're a RedCard owner?

Yes, but I haven't tried iTunes gift card purchases to see if it works or not.

EDIT: Just checked. The 5% Redcard discount applies to full priced iTunes gift cards. If that holds true for the BF sale it'll be great!

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I can't figure out if the 5% will work on iTunes or not - I know you can't get regular Target gift cards with it...

BTW - a lot of Target Black Friday deals are live now for RedCard users

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
See this is what I'm trying to figure out...

Re: Amazon's $10 bonus deal... if you were to spend $100 reloading your Amazon gift balance, you would have $110 to spend. You then get an iTunes e-delivery for $138 (it lets you select a denomination), which after the 20% sale is $110.

If I'm right, that means you can get a $138 iTunes card for $100, or 27% off...

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My HD digital of "West Side Story" that I bought on iTunes last December for $4.99 has upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision. I watched the first 15 minutes of it and looked much improved over the HD digital.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
My HD digital of "West Side Story" that I bought on iTunes last December for $4.99 has upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision. I watched the first 15 minutes of it and looked much improved over the HD digital.
Why oh why didn't I take my own advice and snap it up then? ↓↓↓↓
Someone on another forum mentioned that West Side Story is now available for sale in 4K on Vudu ($14.99) As it is a 70mm production, I’m very interested in a 4K release. Of course it’s an MGM title so it’s not Movies Anywhere. I’m wondering if iTunes will be getting it in 4K soon. It’s currently $4.99 on iTunes so it would make sense to snap it up now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks