Digital Movie/TV Deals

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
iTunes is such a clusterf***. I was noticing yesterday that a whole slew of titles no longer had the Dolby Atmos logo attached. I figured it was just a glitch with the listings, but I just now confirmed on my playback system that they no longer play back with Atmos. The three titles I checked were Rocketman, Batman '89, and Deadpool 2.

edit: add to that Batman Returns, Bohemian Rhapsody, and First Man
The Batman movies have Atmos restored, but not the other titles yet.

Scott Merryfield

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Several weeks ago all four of the Batman films in my iTunes collection reverted from 4K/Dolby Vision to HDX. They returned to 4K/DV a couple of days later.

Tino

Film Editor
Premium
Real Name
Valentino
And some of my films have disappeared. Don’t know which but I noticed that my total number of films went from 2222 to like 2218

Apple needs to be more transparent to its customers with what’s going on.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
iTunes has the following complete TV series discounted:

30 Rock: $24.99
Fringe: $29.99
The Vampire Diaries: $29.99
Dexter: $29.99
The West Wing: $29.99
Mad Men: $19.99
The Good Wife: $29.99

Reactions: Sam Posten

JohnRice

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I picked up The West Wing. this is the first time I've gotten a TV Show on iTunes. Before downloading, there are no seasons. Just everything lumped into one "No Season". Do they separate into seasons once they're downloaded?

Mark-P

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I picked up The West Wing. this is the first time I've gotten a TV Show on iTunes. Before downloading, there are no seasons. Just everything lumped into one "No Season". Do they separate into seasons once they're downloaded?
No. Complete series are all in one lump. However in iTunes you can edit each individual downloaded episode and add the season # to it.

Last edited:

mark-edk

Second Unit
I've had season five for a long time but today I spotted season six of The Avengers (the underrated Linda Thorson season) on sale for $4.99 so I snapped it up. Season four was not on sale but in my euphoria I snagged that too for $9.99. I hope at least one of the season six has the superior shooting gallery credits; I believe one of the Blu-Rays has them, but with the audio from the other version so you hear an incongruous sword swoosh and don't hear the shot that puts a hole in Steed's hat. (Yes, it's Split! The download has the wrong audio as on the Blu-Ray.)

Last edited:

dpippel

HTF Premium Member
Premium
Real Name
Doug
I grabbed Spaceballs, as well as The Silence of the Lambs for $4.99. Also, it looks like a good day to be a Batman and/or Spider-Man fan if you need to round out your 4K library.

Reactions: Tino

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
iTunes is such a clusterf***. I was noticing yesterday that a whole slew of titles no longer had the Dolby Atmos logo attached. I figured it was just a glitch with the listings, but I just now confirmed on my playback system that they no longer play back with Atmos. The three titles I checked were Rocketman, Batman '89, and Deadpool 2.

edit: add to that Batman Returns, Bohemian Rhapsody, and First Man
All of these titles appear to have Atmos back.

Reactions: dpippel

JohnRice

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Can anyone help with my ignorance of iTunes purchases? When you buy a 4K movie, it downloads a 1080 version. So, if the system you play it on is 4K, then it streams the 4K version?

Scott Merryfield

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Can anyone help with my ignorance of iTunes purchases? When you buy a 4K movie, it downloads a 1080 version. So, if the system you play it on is 4K, then it streams the 4K version?
Correct. You can stream in 4K, but cannot download at that resolution.

FWIW, I never download anything. I just stream.

Reactions: dpippel

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
godrejahiri