What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (27 Viewers)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That article says 24 “rare” films.

Not sure what definition of rare they are using.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
To me, “rare” is something that can neither be rented or purchased digitally, nor can be seen on a subscription streaming service, nor is available on physical media anywhere in the world.

Something that I haven’t seen before but that can be found on iTunes, I wouldn’t call rare.

But that’s just me and I’m a curmudgeon before my time.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
That article says 24 “rare” films.

Not sure what definition of rare they are using.

To me, “rare” is something that can neither be rented or purchased digitally, nor can be seen on a subscription streaming service, nor is available on physical media anywhere in the world.

Something that I haven’t seen before but that can be found on iTunes, I wouldn’t call rare.

Most of these titles were not available to rent or purchase digitally before this week...

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
If they’re newly available for purchase but weren’t available last week, I’d call that rare.

I just wouldn’t call, say, Mean Streets rare just because it’s not widely promoted in 2019. But there are people who would.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

But that’s just me and I’m a curmudgeon before my time.
Josh,

I bought 12 of those titles and only two has been available on disc and just about all of them showed up for the first time on iTunes last week. I had to create profiles for those 10 titles on DVD Profiler.

Those on disc, are the following which I do have on disc, thus, I didn't buy them digitally except for a few that I only owned digitally too because they're among my favorite films. Of course, knowing my affinity for a certain actor, you know which titles I own on both, digitally and disc.:)

City that Never Sleeps
Driftwood
I, Jane Doe
Hell's Half Acre
Johnny Guitar
Angel and the Badman
Moonrise
The Quiet Man
The Red Pony
Three Faces West
Wake of the Red Witch
Trigger, Jr.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Might have to bite on Godzilla KOTM for $9.99. Haven't seen it yet...
I know you mentioned you don't buy discs any longer, but for me, I have not bought this 4K/DV digital because I'm looking to buy the 4K/UHD disc in November during Black Friday sales. I've read somewhere on this forum that the disc looks better than the stream.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m getting the iTunes.
I just don’t have room for discs anymore unless it’s something like A Spider-Man movie.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I’m getting the iTunes.
I just don’t have room for discs anymore unless it’s something like A Spider-Man movie.
I can understand that situation. I just took a look at my disc library and the space I have left to store them in and I might be change my mind on buying the disc.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Does anybody here own the 4K iTunes movie of Big? I see that the extended cut is included as an iTunes extra. But what I'd like to know is if the extended cut is also in 4K. I would only be interested in picking it up if it is. Otherwise I'll just stick with the Blu-ray.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Does anybody here own the 4K iTunes movie of Big? I see that the extended cut is included as an iTunes extra. But what I'd like to know is if the extended cut is also in 4K. I would only be interested in picking it up if it is. Otherwise I'll just stick with the Blu-ray.
I do. Only the theatrical version is 4K.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I didn't realize that the two versions of "Big" were that different with 26 more minutes. I need to watch that extended version again because I couldn't remember the differences.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Lionsgate has messed with redeeming John Wick Chapter 3 by changing the process forcing you to use their freaking Lionsgate VIP app. These companies always messing with their consumers as I really didn't want another app on my mobile devices. Anyhow, I downloaded the mobile device app and it easily redeemed my digital code to 4K/DV/DA.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Lionsgate has messed with redeeming John Wick Chapter 3 by changing the process forcing you to use their freaking Lionsgate VIP app. These companies always messing with their consumers as I really didn't want another app on my mobile devices.
You can go to www.movieredeem.com and enter the code manually. That’s what I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks