What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (3 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, a lot of those classic Paramount titles were recently added to iTunes and this is the first time they are at that price point. I'm picking up Moonrise, The Outcast, Three Faces West, The City that Never Sleeps, Stranger at My Door, I've Always Loved You, and Come Next Spring.
I purchased the following:

I've Always Loved You
Come Next Spring
Stranger at My Door
The Outcast
The Inside Story

The following movies, I'd passed on because I already have on Blu-ray and/or iTunes:
Driftwood
City that Never Sleeps
Hell's Half Acre
Three Faces West
Trigger Jr.
Wake of the Red Witch
Moonrise
The Red Pony
Hellfire

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Picked up the City That Never Sleeps

It kills me whenever I see movies on sale that I don't have in iTunes - Chinatown for example - but do have on Vudu. How long do I wait for those other studios to join MA before I give up and take advantage of $4.99 prices?

The struggle is real...

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Picked up the City That Never Sleeps

It kills me whenever I see movies on sale that I don't have in iTunes - Chinatown for example - but do have on Vudu. How long do I wait for those other studios to join MA before I give up and take advantage of $4.99 prices?

The struggle is real...
Chinatown at $4.99 on iTunes, I wouldn't wait as there is a UHD version on Vudu, but it's $16.99

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Vudu has the Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears, Jack Ryan - Shadow Recruit) available in 4K for $13:

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies...ccce4e11e99a3c02d4353d21bf0INT&id=lw9MynSeamY

EDIT: This title is NOT MA compatible.
You are really tempting me with this, Doug. Mainly because I think it may be a pricing error. The individual Jack Ryan titles are all on sale for $12.99 each which makes no sense that the bundle would be the same price. I think whatever mechanism that puts these on sale mistakenly grabbed onto the bundle as well. Anyhow, I've been wanting to upgrade these to 4K and would prefer iTunes, but will iTunes ever have them for a mere $2.60 each? I think not. I suppose I could enjoy them on Vudu in 4K and hope that someday Paramount will join MA. :unsure:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You are really tempting me with this, Doug. Mainly because I think it may be a pricing error. The individual Jack Ryan titles are all on sale for $12.99 each which makes no sense that the bundle would be the same price. I think whatever mechanism that puts these on sale mistakenly grabbed onto the bundle as well. Anyhow, I've been wanting to upgrade these to 4K and would prefer iTunes, but will iTunes ever have them for a mere $2.60 each? I think not. I suppose I could enjoy them on Vudu in 4K and hope that someday Paramount will join MA. :unsure:
Yeah, I would bite the bullet on that low price and just play them with the Vudu app on iTunes.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
This is what I'm seeing. Weirdness going on with the pricing on this title...

AFE5AB23-6B4E-4938-AA80-9CEAEA5B6F56.jpeg

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thanks for the Chinatown heads up - I don’t have a copy in any format and was thinking about seeing it again. Great opportunity to do that now.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I bit on Easy Rider 4K for $7.99 and watched it last night. The film looks PHENOMENAL in 4K Dolby Vision! Very nice indeed. It's still one of the seminal movies of it's time for me. If you're on the fence about this one and don't already own it, I highly recommend the 4K stream.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I purchased the following:

I've Always Loved You
Come Next Spring
Stranger at My Door
The Outcast
The Inside Story

The following movies, I'd passed on because I already have on Blu-ray and/or iTunes:
Driftwood
City that Never Sleeps
Hell's Half Acre
Three Faces West
Trigger Jr.
Wake of the Red Witch
Moonrise
The Red Pony
Hellfire
Some more of those Republic titles that now belong to Paramount are on sale at iTunes for $4.99 each. I haven't seen any of them so I'm asking Bujaki if he knows anything about them. I'm pretty certain I'm going to buy some of them.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/posts/4778542/

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The HD Digital of "Knute Rockne All American" for $4.99 on iTunes along with some other football theme movies. Growing up a ND football fan I've been waiting on this title to drop in price.:)

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Some more of those Republic titles that now belong to Paramount are on sale at iTunes for $4.99 each. I haven't seen any of them so I'm asking Bujaki if he knows anything about them. I'm pretty certain I'm going to buy some of them.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/posts/4778542/

If you go to the "classics" genre on the iTunes store page, there is a "Presented by Martin Scorsese" section listing most of the Republic titles available for rental or purchase. Two other Republic titles not listed here are also available. They are an excellent Rod Cameron western, THE PLUNDERERS from 1948 along with one of my favorite Republics, FAIR WIND TO JAVA w/ Fred MacMurray and Vera Ralston. The TruColor print of this is outstanding with some breath-taking shots of the sailing boat miniatures along with the volcano eruption at the climax.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
If you go to the "classics" genre on the iTunes store page, there is a "Presented by Martin Scorsese" section listing most of the Republic titles available for rental or purchase. Two other Republic titles not listed here are also available. They are an excellent Rod Cameron western, THE PLUNDERERS from 1948 along with one of my favorite Republics, FAIR WIND TO JAVA w/ Fred MacMurray and Vera Ralston. The TruColor print of this is outstanding with some breath-taking shots of the sailing boat miniatures along with the volcano eruption at the climax.

Most of these Republic titles are also available on Amazon Prime as well. However, TRIGGER JR. and STORM OVER LISBON are only available on iTunes currently. Amazon Prime has recently added a couple other titles as well. DOCTORS DON'T TELL (1941) stars John Beal, Florence Rice and Ward Bond in a neat little "B" film along with SATAN'S SATELLITES, a poorly edited 70 minute cutdown of the "Zombies of the Stratosphere" serial.
I keep hoping someone makes TRAIL OF ROBIN HOOD, the Roy Rogers Christmas film available to purchase. The restored version shown on TCM last December was spectacular.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, but those two titles are $12.99 each while the ones we listed are $4.99 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks