What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
About 40 titles showed up as recently added to my iTunes library. All of them had been a part of my iTunes library prior today. Anybody else have any such incidents today?
It's part of the shut down of UV. I assume we will be seeing this quite often for the next several weeks.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
On a much brighter note, there are TONS of $4.99 gems for sale this weekend across most digital retailers:

Rear Window
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Citizen Kane
Hot Fuzz (which I expect iTunes will upgrade to 4K soon)
48 Hrs.
The Nice Guys
Poltergeist

and a lot more!

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I keep looking at 2 movies that always seem to be $5.
The Big Blue. Still waiting for the long 3 hour version to pop up.

And
The Other Guts with Ferrell and Wahlberg.
That movie is really funny and has one of the most unexpected scenes in a movie I’ve ever seen.
I’m waiting for the unrated version but it’s not there yet.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
On a much brighter note, there are TONS of $4.99 gems for sale this weekend across most digital retailers:

Rear Window
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Citizen Kane
Hot Fuzz (which I expect iTunes will upgrade to 4K soon)
48 Hrs.
The Nice Guys
Poltergeist

and a lot more!
Amazingly, I have never owned Poltergeist in any home video format. I really should pick this up.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's probably just me, but I've been kind of disappointed in that the selection of movie deals seems kind of stale to me with too many film titles being recycled over and over again. Again, it's probably always been that way, but it seems the deals are less interesting.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It's probably just me, but I've been kind of disappointed in that the selection of movie deals seems kind of stale to me with too many film titles being recycled over and over again. Again, it's probably always been that way, but it seems the deals are less interesting.
I feel the same way, Robert. I have purchased very little lately. I am actually starting to put a dent in my unwatched list.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Same here. I keep scanning the sale lists for things that interest me, and I see the same old things that I either already have or that don't trip my trigger.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Me three. But considering the amount I’ve spent on digital purchases over the past year, I should be grateful for a reprieve. Now I’ve got to go cull a list of titles from Twilight Time’s latest sale. :eek:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Me four. Not only is the selection of titles stale, but the prices have been too high for me. $9.99 a pop for films like Hancock, Air Force One, the Die Hard movies, Chinatown, Ghost in the Shell, Sherlock Gnomes, The Monuments Men? Sorry. I might bite on these at $7.99, definitely at $4.99, but ten bucks is just too much IMO.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

They are trimming down in preparation for subscription launches :angry:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Me four. Not only is the selection of titles stale, but the prices have been too high for me. $9.99 a pop for films like Hancock, Air Force One, the Die Hard movies, Chinatown, Ghost in the Shell, Sherlock Gnomes, The Monuments Men? Sorry. I might bite on these at $7.99, definitely at $4.99, but ten bucks is just too much IMO.
I guess we spoke too soon. Chinatown just dropped to $4.99. Also Easy Rider 4K is now at $7.99.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
There are some other interesting classic titles too.
Yeah, a lot of those classic Paramount titles were recently added to iTunes and this is the first time they are at that price point. I'm picking up Moonrise, The Outcast, Three Faces West, The City that Never Sleeps, Stranger at My Door, I've Always Loved You, and Come Next Spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks