What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Poor Harry

1718409666825.jpeg

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Picked up The Fugitive in 4K for $4.99.

Of course, also got Stop Making Sense 4K @ $19.99 a few days ago, because I couldn't stand waiting any longer for a price drop. So naturally, it went on sale the next day for $9.99. :huh:

Jasper70

Second Unit
Real Name
Harold
Complete Emergency TV series is on sale $29.99 I just purchased on iTunes. The picture quality of the DVDs is dismal, hopefully the HD version looks much better.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Complete Emergency TV series is on sale $29.99 I just purchased on iTunes. The picture quality of the DVDs is dismal, hopefully the HD version looks much better.
Those old DVD releases were sourced from old SD analog broadcast masters. I thought Universal had gone back to the final film master for later releases, so hopefully that is what was used for the digitals you just purchased.

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
I bought the complete series and it is indeed in HD.Nice to see officers Malloy and Reed make an appearance near the end of the first episode.It would be great to have Adam 12 also in high def.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The extended version of The Exorcist is $4.99 on iTunes/Apple TV. The theatrical version is also $4.99 . They are sold separately.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Recently I have been picking up a few classic Sony titles from Fandango@Home (Vudu) for $5 which are never on sale at iTunes. For example I just got The 3 Worlds of Gulliver, and while the F@H transfer is old, speckled and jittery (1.78:1 AR), it’s a Movies Anywhere title and the version on iTunes is nice, clean and stable (1.66:1 AR) in what I can only assume is the Twilight Time transfer.

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I picked up The Eagle Has Landed on iTunes for $4.99. I do not recall ever seeing this on sale there before (although I could have easily missed it). Obviously on sale due to the passing of Donald Sutherland.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I picked up The Eagle Has Landed on iTunes for $4.99. I do not recall ever seeing this on sale there before (although I could have easily missed it). Obviously on sale due to the passing of Donald Sutherland.
Yeah, it's been on sale for that price beforehand. I picked it up at that price point back in 2021.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Recently I have been picking up a few classic Sony titles from Fandango@Home (Vudu) for $5 which are never on sale at iTunes. For example I just got The 3 Worlds of Gulliver, and while the F@H transfer is old, speckled and jittery (1.78:1 AR), it’s a Movies Anywhere title and the version on iTunes is nice, clean and stable (1.66:1 AR) in what I can only assume is the Twilight Time transfer.
Thanks for the heads up. Purchased!👍

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Apple TV has Lost in Space, the Complete Series Box Set @ $14.99.

It is in HD and includes several bonus features including the unaired long version pilot, tv spots, interviews, etc.
FYI the extras are located after the 3rd season episodes. Another extra is the second season premiere episode with the original CBS network bumpers i.e. Lost In Space is brought to you by...

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst

Thanks for the heads up. Purchased!👍
Well Tino, sometimes a guy just can't catch a break. The 3 Worlds of Gulliver just upgraded to 4K on Apple/iTunes, and because you and I just purchased it at Fandango@Home, we are screwed out of a free upgrade. :( Honestly I was wondering why Apple/iTunes had a much better transfer, and it was because it was the 4K transfer, which hadn't yet upgraded when we bought it.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Well Tino, sometimes a guy just can't catch a break. The 3 Worlds of Gulliver just upgraded to 4K on Apple/iTunes, and because you and I just purchased it at Fandango@Home, we are screwed out of a free upgrade. :( Honestly I was wondering why Apple/iTunes had a much better transfer, and it was because it was the 4K transfer, which hadn't yet upgraded when we bought it.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuu👎

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterbuildinginspectorsa
Recent bookmarks