What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Also, quite a few Paramount 4K titles on FAH (formerly Vudu) lack HDR.
All of them would lack HDR in this sale because selections are limited to HDX resolution, even though they may be available in 4K.

Generally I don’t buy Paramount titles through Vudu/FAH, because Apple/iTunes still has the potential for free 4K upgrade.

However there are 4 titles at Vudu/FAH that I’ve had my eye on because Apple/iTunes only has them in SD:
Desire Under the Elms
Crosswinds
Jamaica Run
The Lonely Man

But since Kino has announced a new 6K remaster of The Lonely Man is now forthcoming, I won’t consider buying it in this sale because I think Apple/iTunes will eventually get the new master in HD or even 4K.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I bought a number of the Paramount titles from the Vudu sale. Most I have not seen on sale before. These are films I remember from the Late Show when I was a kid. They do not appear to be recent scans. At least the ones I bought do not. Some opening titles are pillow boxed. Glad I got them.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Ten Film Clint Eastwood Bundle $9.99 at iTunes.

Sully
Gran Torino
Mystic River
Unforgiven
Dirty Harry
Kelly's Heroes
American Sniper
Letters From Iwo Jima
Million Dollar Baby
Trouble with the Curve

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
However there are 4 titles at Vudu/FAH that I’ve had my eye on because Apple/iTunes only has them in SD:
Desire Under the Elms
Crosswinds
Jamaica Run
The Lonely Man

But since Kino has announced a new 6K remaster of The Lonely Man is now forthcoming, I won’t consider buying it in this sale because I think Apple/iTunes will eventually get the new master in HD or even 4K.
Okay, I really got burned on this. I bought Desire Under the Elms, Crosswinds, Jamaica Run, and Here Comes the Groom. All of the them are pretty much garbage. There is a reason these aren't HD on iTunes. They are SD masters which have been upconverted to HD. The jaggies are a clear sign that they aren't true HD. I've contacted Fandango at Home, asking for a refund for all 4 titles. We will see what happens.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Okay, I really got burned on this. I bought Desire Under the Elms, Crosswinds, Jamaica Run, and Here Comes the Groom. All of the them are pretty much garbage. There is a reason these aren't HD on iTunes. They are SD masters which have been upconverted to HD. The jaggies are a clear sign that they aren't true HD. I've contacted Fandango at Home, asking for a refund for all 4 titles. We will see what happens.
They are likely mislabeled as HDX.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FanFlix is also offering this at the same price for today only. Redeem thru Movies Anywhere.

But that would preclude the possibility of (eventual) free 4K upgrades though.

Anyway, didn't most of y'all already get in on the 1-day, awesome flash(?) sale on the (significantly?) bigger Eastwood collection (that probably includes all these) several months ago? I'm still slightly sore about "snoozing" that one, LOL. :lol:

Just checking again, and that was a mere $8 for 12+1 films although one was the "Cinematic Legacy" doc while also adding The Mule and Richard Jewell...

_Man_

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Got my reply from F@H:
Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting Fandango At Home Customer Care.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, we cannot refund purchases made through a Mix-and-Match.

Should you need further assistance kindly contact us.

Thank you,
Fandango at Home Customer Service
I suspected that I wouldn't get my money back. Oh well now I know that any title that F@H claims to be HDX which isn't HD anywhere else, is not to be trusted.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Got my reply from F@H:

I suspected that I wouldn't get my money back. Oh well now I know that any title that F@H claims to be HDX which isn't HD anywhere else, is not to be trusted.
I would call in and ask for a supervisor. FAH has quite a few titles labeled as HDX that are not really HDX.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Got my reply from F@H:

Call. Don’t email. I get refunded every time for mislabeled films.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I bought Fat City

Know nothing about it. Blind bu

Looking at OUTITW $8 the lowest it’s been and apparently the digital code only redeems on Vudu?

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I bought Fat City

Know nothing about it. Blind bu

Looking at OUTITW $8 the lowest it’s been and apparently the digital code only redeems on Vudu?
Surprised my iTunes copy didn’t upgrade. 👎

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
8 Elvis film bundle $9.99 at iTunes.

King Creole
Roustabout
Easy Come Easy Go
Fun In Acapulco
G.I. Blues
Girl! Girls! Girls!
Blue Hawaii
Paradise, Hawaiian Style

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrhaque-19
Recent bookmarks