What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (3 Viewers)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just happened to notice while watching Apollo 11 with my wife in 4K on iTunes that there are NEW digital exclusives.

Feature Commentary
Deleted Scenes
Promos
And more.

What a great bonus surprise. A steal for $9.99.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
When We Left Earth-The NASA Missions is on sale for $9.99 on iTunes.

Terrific mini series.

Edit: Actually it appears that’s the regular price. It’s been on sale for $8.99

Still a great bargain.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just picked up Mrs. Doubtfire in 4K on iTunes for $7.99 and Labyrinth in 4K on iTunes for $4.99.

Mrs. Doubtfire ported over to Vudu as UHD, Labyrinth ported over to iTunes as HDX.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just picked up Mrs. Doubtfire in 4K on iTunes for $7.99 and Labyrinth in 4K on iTunes for $4.99.

Mrs. Doubtfire ported over to Vudu as UHD, Labyrinth ported over to iTunes as HDX.
At times, Vudu or ITunes don't have certain titles in 4K and that's the case with Labyrinth on Vudu. You can't assume that being available in 4K on one service will also be available as such on another service. I find that happens quite often.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
At times, Vudu or ITunes don't have certain titles in 4K and that's the case with Labyrinth on Vudu. You can't assume that being available in 4K on one service will also be available as such on another service. I find that happens quite often.
Definitely. I know from past experience that's a possibility whenever I buy in 4K from a different retailer. I just shared the information as a heads up for anybody else who buys from all Movies Anywhere e-tailers but only watches on Vudu.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
A few decent $4.99 HDX titles on Vudu this weekend:

Dazed and Confused
Clueless
Bridget Jones' Diary
Poetic Justice
Spy Kids
Burying the Ex
Those Daring Young Men in their Jaunty Jalopies
I Am Heath Ledger
Roxanne
How I Met Your Mother
($4.99 per season)
Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Definitely. I know from past experience that's a possibility whenever I buy in 4K from a different retailer. I just shared the information as a heads up for anybody else who buys from all Movies Anywhere e-tailers but only watches on Vudu.
Even worse, though, are the many 4K titles that port over to Prime Video in HD, despite their being a 4K version available.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Even worse, though, are the many 4K titles that port over to Prime Video in HD, despite their being a 4K version available.
Even though I have my Amazon account linked to Movies Anywhere, I have never bothered to try playing anything from my library there. I use Prime Video exclusively for included content, plus free rentals via accumulated digital credits from the "no rush" shipping option. If I am playing anything from my library (accumulated via purchases or redeemed digital codes), I use either iTunes or Vudu.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
iTunes currently has the 4K Batman 4 film collection (Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman and Robin) available for $19.99, with Dolby Atmos.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
iTunes currently has the 4K Batman 4 film collection (Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman and Robin) available for $19.99, with Dolby Atmos.
Yeah I bit on that deal last Tuesday.

Just finished Batman. Looked and sounded awesome.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I had planned on buying just the first two films on UHD disc when the price dropped, but at that price I bit on all four. I cannot see the discs getting down to $10 each for a very long time (if ever).

mark-edk

Second Unit
If you're a serial fan iTunes is offering both Superman serials for $4.99 total. It's in the tv section with each chapter listed as an 'episode'. Looks like the same SD transfers as used for the DVDs but the price is right.

I've been temped to bite on the complete Babylon 5 for $25 but these are the same problematic transfers as used for the DVDs where scenes with CGI are cropped to simulate widescreen (the show itself was filmed in widescreen but the effects were done 4:3). I'd rather wait for something better, as unlikely as it seems to be.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think Supergirl is $8 now

I passed on the 11 movie set because I already have SM2
Bought SM1 a little while back and got it refunded because it didn’t include the original sfx track that’s on the 4K disk.

I did buy the Batman 4 movie set as it’s currently $20.

Yeah I bit last Tuesday too.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I bought a copy of Oliver Stone's The Doors a couple of weeks ago in one of the sales for $4.99. I was pleasantly surprised to see it's already upgraded to 4K/Atmos/Dolby Vision.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Yeah I bit last Tuesday too.

Are your Batman films still in 4K / Dolby Vision on Apple TV? We went to watch the first one tonight and it's only showing available as HD for all four films. Hopefully this is a temporary glitch and Apple gets it fixed soon. We watched something else instead (the 4K/HDR10 version of Live Free or Die Hard I bought for $5 a while back).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks