What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (4 Viewers)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (4k Upgrade) $4.99
Inspector Gadget (HD) $4.99
Inspector Gadget 2 (HD) $4.99
Vegas Vacation (HD) $4.99
Another Gay Movie (HD) $4.99
Son of Flubber (HD) $4.99
Jungle 2 Jungle (HD) $4.99
Man of the House (HD) $4.99

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (4k Upgrade) $4.99
Inspector Gadget (HD) $4.99
Inspector Gadget 2 (HD) $4.99
Vegas Vacation (HD) $4.99
Another Gay Movie (HD) $4.99
Son of Flubber (HD) $4.99
Jungle 2 Jungle (HD) $4.99
Man of the House (HD) $4.99
Picked up Son of Flubber, since it is currently not available on Disney+. Thanks for the heads up!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
FanFlix is having a 2 for $9.99 sale that has quite a few interesting titles. I picked up the 4K/DV version of Giant and the HD version of Bonnie and Clyde. I only had the latter on DVD, and now will probably pass on buying the UHD disc version of the former.
Thanks . Got "Giant" and "The Dirty Dozen" For those like me who were unfamilar with FanFlix the deal redeems at Movies Anywhere. Once purchased you get a link to Movies Anywhere . When you click on link your redemption code appears on the Movies Anywhere site.

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
For those like me who were unfamilar with FanFlix the deal redeems at Movies Anywhere. Once purchased you get a link to Movies Anywhere . When you click on link your redemption code appears on the Movies Anywhere site.

FWIW, what they sell don't always redeem at Movies Anywhere. Some cases are redeemed at iTunes, some at Vudu (and some even at Google Play though that seems rarer), some offer you an option. IF you care about which exact place to redeem (and you may well far prefer iTunes, especially if in HD instead of 4K), make sure you pay attention to that before buying...

_Man_

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
For those interested, iTunes has the 4K digital of "Giant" on sale for $4.99
I just picked it up! Guess what? All the of iTunes extras are in HD, including the 2 hour George Stevens: A Filmmaker's Journey. All the extras on the original Blu-ray release were in SD on a separate DVD. That's something you can't get on physical media! :D

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Just remember any HD title that is redeemed at MA, doesn't get that free iTunes 4K upgrade if it happens to come out later in 4K. The movie has to be redeemed at iTunes.
True. Unfortunetely if the digital codes from the purchase of media from some studios including Warner Bros only allow you to redeem at Movies Anywhere. Studios such as Paramount, Lion's Gate, and MGM (United Artist), which don't use Movies Anywhere. can be redeemed directly from iTunes. For some reason Movies Anywhere provides more of the Extras than iTunes and VUDU if that is important to you. The Extra's are there on MA if you redeem at iTunes.

Last edited:

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
True. Unfortunetely if the digital codes from the purchase of media from some studios including Warner Bros only allow you to redeem at Movies Anywhere. Studios such as Paramount, Lion's Gate, and MGM (United Artist), which don't use Movies Anywhere. can be redeemed directly from iTunes. For some reason Movies Anywhere provides more of the Extras than iTunes and VUDU if that is important to you. The Extra's are there on MA if you redeem at iTunes.
Yep. Vudu always has original and alternate versions as separate purchases. Last week I bought the A team extended version for $4.99 and movies anywhere included the theatrical version as an extra, and Date Night theatrical for $4.99 and movies anywhere included the extended version as an extra.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
All on iTunes as of this morning…

Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows (4k) 4.99
East of Eden (4k) 4.99
Giant (4k) 4.99
Rescuers (HD) 7.99
Chicken Little (HD) 7.99
Atlantis: The Lost Empire (HD) 7.99
Live Free or Die Hard (4k) 4.99