What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (3 Viewers)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Hopefully this is just a glitch, otherwise it amounts to Apple taking away something that you paid for.
It will be back in 4K shortly. iTunes is not going to downgrade a previous 4K ownership. Robert is aware of this phenomenon where iTunes will temporarily downgrade a title to HD while a new 4K file is being uploaded and propagated throughout the network of iTunes servers.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It will be back in 4K shortly. iTunes is not going to downgrade a previous 4K ownership. Robert is aware of this phenomenon where iTunes will temporarily downgrade a title to HD while a new 4K file is being uploaded and propagated throughout the network of iTunes servers.
Yup which is why I checked first and then listed this digital's status on Vudu and MA. Also, noted the new coverart below on the older digital, even though it was downgraded to HD. It will change as we get closer to the July 5th 4K disc release date.

1655185691921.png

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I had been holding on off buying anything all week (on iTunes) and broke down last night before bed...

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (HD) $4.99
Contact (HD) $4.99
Twister (HD) $4.99
Die Hard: With a Vengeance (4k) $4.99
Varsity Blues (4k) $4.99

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Ordinary People 4K Dolby Vision $4.99 at ITunes.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Ordinary People 4K Dolby Vision $4.99 at ITunes.

And it is a massive upgrade from the previous transfer.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Never give or lend money to friends or relatives.
That was a hard lesson to learn 🥴

I pretty much only ever do that if I don't really need and care much to be repaid (and don't really expect it) -- and yes, I do give (not just to friends and family) now and then fairly often (and am grateful to be able)... though my wife (and even my mother) isn't always too crazy about some of that, LOL...

I believe in hoarding, ahem, I mean collecting ;) movies and various other enjoyable (typically shareable-in-some-ways) stuff for hobby, not $$$ wealth (though the process of generating wealth can be its own enjoyable interest/hobby of sorts), hehheh... not that I don't value money (IMHO appropriately and in good healthy manner) of course... :cool::P

But maybe WC Fields will change my mind/heart on the matter some day if/when I ever get around to owning (and watching) Never Give A Sucker An Even Break, LOL... ;):laugh:

_Man_

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The I assume to be new version of "Giant" 4K Dolby Vision is available on iTunes for $9.99.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The I assume to be new version of "Giant" 4K Dolby Vision is available on iTunes for $9.99.

Yes, the iTunes HD Digital that I bought for $4.99 back in 2018, upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks