What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (5 Viewers)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
On iTunes, a bunch of titles on sale. The Day the Earth Stood Still in 4K is now selling for $4.99.
I picked up that and Big Fish (in HD) for $4.99 because I'd never upgraded my DVD of those titles. There were probably 5 or 6 others that I only have the DVD for that I would have upgraded, but they weren't MoviesAnywhere studios and I'm not an AppleTV user.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
That’s been there for a long time.

Ah, ok good. The description they have for the TV app makes it sound like it's brand new, so it must just be out of date...

33952908-2B51-4CD0-A4CF-AB891825F03B.jpeg

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
F18153DE-0261-4BB8-B172-10E5757007F9.jpeg
Yeh I don’t like it.
I haven’t figured out if there’s a way to make the pictures smaller.
Can only see 3 at a time.

I just use the app on the iPad or the web site.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Vudu is having a weekend sale, and I found the three season run of Veronica Mars in HD for $24.99. I had a 10% coupon from watching one of their Free with Ads selections two weeks ago, and so I ended up paying just slightly more than the $19.99 that iTunes was selling it for a few months ago for a very, very brief period.

Can't wait to rewatch the series in HD.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Vudu is having a weekend sale, and I found the three season run of Veronica Mars in HD for $24.99. I had a 10% coupon from watching one of their Free with Ads selections two weeks ago, and so I ended up paying just slightly more than the $19.99 that iTunes was selling it for a few months ago for a very, very brief period.

Can't wait to rewatch the series in HD.
I picked up the complete series for $49.99 back in January and thought that was a good deal then.

The first season is a bit wonky at times in ways that make me think that the HD version was an afterthought; a few scenes are upscaled from SD, the focus pulling isn't always exactly on point, and the grain from the 16mm footage is a bit much at times.

The subsequent seasons are improved, however. I'm still making my way through the third season ahead of the new Hulu run at the end of the month.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
My wife has been watching the HD versions on Hulu rather than get old DVDs, so that’s another vote in favor of the HD version. I still haven’t seen much of the show but perhaps one day...

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I rewatched the Pilot episode tonight. You're right, Adam, about the HD quality being a bit compromised, but the writing and performances are so fresh and entertaining that I can take it in my stride. I'm really going to enjoy revisiting the entire run over the next month and a half. I'll hang on to the DVDs, though, since they do have some bonus material.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I was going to buy this. Is there an issue with this version?
There's no issue with it. Arrow licensed the film from Universal for Blu-Ray and had included it as one of their $3.99 iTunes sale titles a few weeks ago. Digital rights still belonged to Universal, so the Arrow version got removed. I believe Crawdaddy said the two versions were identical in quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks