What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yeah, the last Target deal for $15 bonus GC (during BF week) only allowed 1 per customer (and sounds like they checked billing address for that).

Kinda wish I had used the last such BB deal (also during BF week) more than I did since it turns out I definitely could use more BB GCs than I previously expected...

And oh, the Amazon deal that followed those put a significant time limit on the bonus GC redemption to boot (comparable to their "no rush" rewards)...

_Man_
I took advantage of that Amazon deal, as I am always buying stuff from there -- especially around the holidays (I rarely go to the store). I still have $90 left on account at the iTunes store, so that should last me for awhile at the pace I buy titles.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Is it really a non-recommendation when I clearly stated that I would purchase the digital if I didn't already have it on Blu-ray? Being a bad movie doesn't mean I don't find them entertaining enough to watch again, especially, if it's only going to cost me $4.99.:)
Just watched it. Ugh... Can I have my $5 back? :D

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
:laugh: Now, you know why it has been reviewed badly as well as the reason, Eddie Muller not recommending it. The movie is a mess except for the part with George Raft which I kind of liked.
It was 55 minutes in before Randolph Scott even showed up and he's the main reason I bought it. The picture and sound quality were also quite lacking making it hard for me to understand a lot of the dialog. This was put out by Olive back in 2016 before Paramount upped their game with quality. The plot was all over the place and made absolutely no sense.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It was 55 minutes in before Randolph Scott even showed up and he's the main reason I bought it. The picture and sound quality were also quite lacking making it hard for me to understand a lot of the dialog. This was put out by Olive back in 2016 before Paramount upped their game with quality. The plot was all over the place and made absolutely no sense.
I hated the George Brent part except for Joan Blondell. I told you the Blu-ray presentation was mediocre at best. Yes, the writing was awful which is why Muller won't recommend it and the plot leaves a lot to desire which is being kind on my part.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The last Tuesday before Christmas Day has traditionally been a big sale day on iTunes. Last year's was disappointing so I'm not expecting it to be any better this year compared to the salad days of 2017-2019.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The last Tuesday before Christmas Day has traditionally been a big sale day on iTunes. Last year's was disappointing so I'm not expecting it to be any better this year compared to the salad days of 2017-2019.
Oh it’s HUUUGE. Seems like everything is on sale at iTunes. Bundles, Criterion, classics, new titles. This may be the biggest sale yet. I’ve been scrolling for a half an hour and still haven’t reached the end. ;)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
While the list is endless, I haven’t found a single title to buy, and most of the 4K titles are in the 7.99-9.99 range. So a disappointment for me.
Yeah. Not as many $4.99 titles as I would have liked. But some of the bundles are great bargains if you don’t already own the films…like I do. ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I bought a silly title, only because it's new and looked interesting and had good reviews: LANGUAGE LESSONS. It was $9.99 down from $19.99

I paid full price ($19.99) for LAST DUEL (Ridley Scott) as I did not want to buy the disc. I just don't have room.

I am teetering on buying JEREMIAH JOHNSON starring Robert Redford at $6.99. Never saw the film. It came highly recommended by my hiking partner.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I saw Veronica Lake’s This Gun For Hire is on sale. However it is sd only!

Same issue with She Done Him Wrong. Cary Grant and Mae West….

Rats.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The only items I purchased during today's iTunes sale were the two pack of the X-Files movies for $9.99 and the original Carrie for $4.99. I didn't own the X-Files films and haven't seen them in years -- plus my wife and I are slowly re-watching the series (bought the entire series a couple of years ago on iTunes for $20). I only had Carrie on DVD.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Nothing for me.
Too many $7 and $8 offers.

I am looking at
The Good
The Bad and
The Ugly

Is it the good transfer or the one that people complained about?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Picked up Zola for $5. I remember the original Twitter thread and it was crazy. Look forward to seeing what they got up to with Elvis's granddaughter as the insane white chick, and Strand from "Fear the Walking Dead" as her pimp.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
whaaat GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks