What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (5 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah. I looked at the sheet and it’s not indicating anything clear to me on the redemption at iTunes.
I have redeemed it and have told you what I've experienced after redeeming it in the post I linked beforehand. Also, below are some more of my posts regarding my experiences after redeeming the code.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/posts/4747743/

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/posts/4747745/

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/posts/4750400/

Edit: By the way, MA has the director's cut in 4K and I think Fandangonow too has it in 4K, but I don't know what film version.
Since I made that post back on June 6th, my digital on MA is now only in HD and is the theatrical cut with no bonus material. Also, I verified this morning that the version on Fandangonow is the theatrical cut in 4K, but with only DD+ audio.

Sony, MA and iTunes has "The Natural" all messed up format and film version-wise!

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I live you Robert.

I did click that first link you offered but it took me to a Big Clock post.
Clicked it again and did see your Natural post.

The sheet says 4K at MA but the code does not redeem in 4K at ITunes but will eventually.
Further complicating my concern is that when you buy movies at Walmart and pay with their app it automatically adds the movie to vudu which then ports it to iTunes but it only ported it in HD.

Not sure why that happens.
Ok let me check those other links you put in there.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
What I'm saying though is I'm not sure there is a code at all. The current release does not list a code as being included, whereas the one that had one listed has been discontinued.
OK, I can happily report that Goodfellas UHD still comes with a code.

I think the confusion may come from the fact that while the slipcover says "+ Digital" on it, the actual case does not mention it. Thankfully, there was a code inside and it redeemed in 4K and has ported to both iTunes and Vudu in 4K as well.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Well now, the Arrow digital I just bought is now unavailable to watch with only the Universal digital available to do so. I'm going to ask for a refund!
I bought the Arrow version of The Big Clock, but when I watched it this evening it was the Universal version -- at least, the Universal logo played before the actual film began with the Paramount Pictures logo. In my case, I did not own the Universal version like you did, so I don't think I will bother to ask for a refund.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bought the Arrow version of The Big Clock, but when I watched it this evening it was the Universal version -- at least, the Universal logo played before the actual film began with the Paramount Pictures logo. In my case, I did not own the Universal version like you did, so I don't think I will bother to ask for a refund.
The Universal logo should be present before the Paramount Pictures logo. I was going to ask for a refund because I thought I was denied access to play the Arrow stream because I had both streams on my Wish List and it stated the Arrow version was unavailable to me. However, once I searched my iTunes digital library I had both streams in it.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Universal logo should be present before the Paramount Pictures logo. I was going to ask for a refund because I thought I was denied access to play the Arrow stream because I had both streams on my Wish List and it stated the Arrow version was unavailable to me. However, once I searched my iTunes digital library I had both streams in it.
So how can I be certain which version is in my library? When I look at the details in the movie info on iTunes via my PC, it does list the studio as "Arrow Academy". Does that mean it's the Arrow version?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
So how can I be certain which version is in my library? When I look at the details in the movie info on iTunes via my PC, it does list the studio as "Arrow Academy". Does that mean it's the Arrow version?
Yes it's the Arrow version. I don't know what you are expecting. Universal supplied the transfer to Arrow so it's exactly the same transfer as the one they put out. Robert owns both files and in post #528 said they appear to be identical.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes it's the Arrow version. I don't know what you are expecting. Universal supplied the transfer to Arrow so it's exactly the same transfer as the one they put out. Robert owns both files and in post #528 said they appear to be identical.
Right, Universal replaced their previous digital with the new transfer and Arrow's digital is the same new transfer.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, my Apollo 11 HD digital just upgraded to 4K/HDR on iTunes. I decided to buy the digital instead of the BD because I hoped that would happen and it did.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Not necessarily a movie or TV deal, but it is a very good streaming deal for baseball fans...

E944F8BF-0E01-4A7F-8570-A678B8B88C08.jpeg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The complete series of “The West Wing” is $29.99 on iTunes, with individual seasons priced at $4.99 each. This series is only available on disc in the DVD format but the iTunes version is in HD.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The complete series of “The West Wing” is $29.99 on iTunes, with individual seasons priced at $4.99 each. This series is only available on disc in the DVD format but the iTunes version is in HD.
I’ve never seen an episode. Any good?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’ve never seen an episode. Any good?

I like it. It’s Aaron Sorkin at his best, it’s political but I don’t think you need to share it’s politics to enjoy it. Ultimately it’s a show about noble characters trying to do well in a complex world, with some very good writing and wordplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks