What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (3 Viewers)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Whenever I’ve had an issue with Vudu, I’ve called them directly and had it resolved immediately.
This is a licensing issue that was not handled well when they shut down FandangoNow and had customers merge their account and library with Vudu.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
This is a licensing issue that was not handled well when they shut down FandangoNow and had customers merge their account and library with Vudu.
I understand that. I’m just saying I’ve resolved any issues I’ve had with Vudu with a simple phone call. I find that more efficient than emails.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Vudu has Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Taxi Driver, 1776, and Robin and Marian in 4K for $5 each.
Yeah, I screwed up last September and didn't purchase it. I must have had a brain fart or something.:blush: Anyhow, I bought it this morning for $7.00 on Vudu which is two dollars more, but I was hoping that iTunes would eventually have this MA title on sale which it never did because it remains $14.99 there. It would be a kicker if iTunes discounts it this week which would serve me right for missing out last September.:rolleyes:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yeah, I screwed up last September and didn't purchase it. I must have had a brain fart or something.:blush: Anyhow, I bought it this morning for $7.00 on Vudu which is two dollars more, but I was hoping that iTunes would eventually have this MA title on sale which it never did because it remains $14.99 there. It would be a kicker if iTunes discounts it this week which would serve me right for missing out last September.:rolleyes:
Thanks for posting this. I saw Robin and Marian once on TCM and really enjoyed the film. I would have missed this on Vudu had you not mentioned it. Just picked it up.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
For those interested, iTunes has "The Grey Fox" (1982) with Richard Farnsworth on sale for $4.99. I have the Kino Blu-ray, but still bought this fine film digitally as I can now watch it while never leaving the comfort of my warm bed during one of those cold, winter Michigan nights. :laugh: I love this film!

1632035659196.png

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
James Bond 4k sets are on sale on iTunes.

Pierce 007 4k film set is $25.
Connery and moore sets are $30.
Dalton set is $15.
Craig set is $30.

Majesty’s is $15.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
The bundle is $100.

That's a much better deal, and close to what I paid for these on iTunes over 2 years ago.

... although it's apparently actually been that price all year so far.

I wonder if it'll actually go significantly lower given that. Think I'll just hold out for lower for now (as I already have the last 2 Craig Bonds in 4K and the first 2 don't seem significant upgrades over the BDs... to prep for the new Bond flick in theaters)...

_Man_

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Thanks for this. I bought four spaghetti westerns I have never seen - - Massacre Time, And God Said to Cain, My Name is Pecos, and Bandidos. Plus, I pre-ordered the 4K version of Argento's Deep Red.
Thank YOU, Scott. I ended up grabbing those same four Westerns, and pre-ordered Deep Red as well while I was at it.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I already own DEEP RED and it is already in 4K
Interesting, It showed available as a pre-order for me in iTunes at $2.99. I had it in my wishlist on Cheap Charts, and it was still listed as HD and $9.99 on there -- and there is a separate $9.99 HD version available currently on iTunes. Here's my screen after placing the pre-order:

i-TX2Vptf-XL.jpg

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Interesting, It showed available as a pre-order for me in iTunes at $2.99. I had it in my wishlist on Cheap Charts, and it was still listed as HD and $9.99 on there -- and there is a separate $9.99 HD version available currently on iTunes. Here's my screen after placing the pre-order:

i-TX2Vptf-XL.jpg
Same here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks