What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There were a few other titles, like the Man Who Shot Liberty Valance in Dolby Vision that I might get as well.
Are you sure about “Liberty Valance” being available in 4K/DV purchase? I’m just not seeing another option to purchase that title in 4K.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Are you sure about “Liberty Valance” being available in 4K/DV purchase? I’m just seeing another option to purchase that title in 4K.
This looks like yet another library merger screw up on Vudu, since the highest resolution available to purchase is HDX.

Liberty-1.jpg Liberty-2.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I bought "Liberty Valance" on VUDU when it was in 4K/UHD. It lasted for a week and was no longer available. When I do watch "Liberty Valance" on VUDU, it is in 4K UHD

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 12.03.48.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 12.03.48.jpeg
    366.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 12.04.03.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 12.04.03.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 23

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I clicked on the banner “UHD Sale” and scrolling through I saw Liberty Valance. I clicked on it and scrolled down to info and it said 4K, HDR 10, Dolby Vision. I didn’t purchase it, so I can’t verify if it is correct.

I don’t have the vudu app on this phone, but I’ll try and screenshot it shortly.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I clicked on the banner “UHD Sale” and scrolling through I saw Liberty Valance. I clicked on it and scrolled down to info and it said 4K, HDR 10, Dolby Vision. I didn’t purchase it, so I can’t verify if it is correct.

I don’t have the vudu app on this phone, but I’ll try and screenshot it shortly.
That's true, but it still doesn't give you an option to purchase it in 4K. I've tried several times using my Roku unit and then the Vudu app as well as their site. Only SD and HDX are available as purchasing options.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Vudu is having a UHD sale. $9.99 isnt the best price but its the cheapest Ive seen Full Metal Jacket so I bought it
It was $4.99 on iTunes as recently as December. And $7.99 a few weeks ago. I think I paid $6.99 on vudu but can’t remember for sure.
Edit. Bought on iTunes for $4.99

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It was $4.99 on iTunes as recently as December. And $7.99 a few weeks ago. I think I paid $6.99 on vudu but can’t remember for sure.
I just checked and I bought Full Metal Jacket in December for $4.99 on iTunes.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I wasn't going to bite on anything this week, but decided what the heck. Terminator Dark Fate ($4.99), upgrade of War for the Planet of the Apes ($4.99), The Rock ($4.99) and Emperor's New Groove ($7.99).

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Whenever I’ve had an issue with Vudu, I’ve called them directly and had it resolved immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks