What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (14 Viewers)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I struggled to find a movie to buy, still deciding.
Is it still going on?
Through 4-12-21

*EXCLUSIONS APPLY (see below). Registration with Movies Anywhere required. Open to U.S. residents 13+. You must purchase an eligible movie available on Movies Anywhere between 12 AM EDT on 4/6/21 and 11:59 PM EDT on 4/12/21 from a participating digital retailer that is linked to your Movies Anywhere account. After purchasing, you may select one (1) movie from a list of eligible bonus movies. Offer does not apply to purchases of disc + digital combinations. You must redeem the digital code for your bonus movie by 11:59 PM EDT on 4/26/21 at moviesanywhere.com/redeem. The following are digital retailers participating in Movies Anywhere: Apple TV, Amazon Prime Video, Vudu, Google Play/YouTube, Microsoft Movies & TV, Xfinity, FandangoNOW, Verizon Fios TV, and DIRECTV. Eligible bonus movies are subject to change without notice and will vary depending on the participating studio that distributes the movie purchased. You may purchase one (1) eligible movie from each participating studio. After purchasing, you may select one (1) bonus movie from a list of eligible bonus movies for each studio, for up to four (4) bonus movies, one (1) from each studio. The following are studios participating in Movies Anywhere: The Walt Disney Studios (including Twentieth Century Film), Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Universal Pictures, and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.

EXCLUSIONS: You will NOT be entitled to receive a bonus movie as part of this offer if you purchase one of the following movies: Bad Boys for Life, Call Me By Your Name, Grown Ups 2, Hotel Transylvania 2, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Jumanji: The Next Level, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Little Things, Matilda (1996), Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Raya and the Last Dragon, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Soul, Spider-Man 2 (2004), Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Far From Home, Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse, Step Brothers, Tenet, The Empty Man, The Equalizer, The Equalizer 2, This is the End, Venom, Wonder Woman 84, Zombieland: Double Tap

You may purchase only one (1) eligible movie distributed by each participating studio to receive a bonus movie from that studio. Multiple purchases of movies distributed by a single studio will not entitle you to multiple bonus movies from such studio. If you already have the bonus movie in your Movies Anywhere account, a duplicate movie will not be delivered to your account unless the bonus movie is a higher resolution. If you receive a refund from the participating digital retailer for the purchase of the eligible movie, the bonus movie may be removed from your Movies Anywhere account. The digital code for your bonus movie may be used only once, is non-transferrable, and cannot be sold. The unauthorized sale, distribution, purchase, or transfer of the digital code in a manner inconsistent with Movies Anywhere’s Terms of Use or the terms of use of the issuer of the digital code is prohibited. No cash value or cash back. Cannot be combined with other codes or promotions. Void where prohibited.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
One thing I'm a little frustrated with is that The Godfather 3 film bundle is on sale for $17.99 at Vudu and FandangoNow but NOT iTunes. I think that's deliberate because they know that the 4K versions are coming later this year and they want people to pay more to get the upgrades.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Does anyone know anything about the color timing on John Badham's 1979 Dracula? I'm assuming it's the muted colors from previous releases. Universal dropped a handful of $4.99 films a couple of hours ago and this is one I don't own.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Does anyone know anything about the color timing on John Badham's 1979 Dracula? I'm assuming it's the muted colors from previous releases. Universal dropped a handful of $4.99 films a couple of hours ago and this is one I don't own.
I just bought it. It is the desaturated version on every single one of the digital providers. That may or may not be the "correct" version according to one's point of view. ;)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing you probably know this and are only inquiring about the digital version but if you want the original in any format you can find it, Scream Factory's release has the movie in both the original and reworked colorings.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I'm guessing you probably know this and are only inquiring about the digital version but if you want the original in any format you can find it, Scream Factory's release has the movie in both the original and reworked colorings.

I've never seen the film, but would like to see the original version. I just was trying to avoid paying $25 to see it that way, but I may just have to go that route.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Pixels :blink::P

I grabbed Hollywood since I never had any version of it before
Also an HD DVD upgrade of Darkman for $5 each.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Pixels :blink::P

I grabbed Hollywood since I never had any version of it before
Also an HD DVD upgrade of Darkman for $5 each.
Lol, yeah. Never seen it and, while probably a dumb comedy, it’s something I can get my fiancée to watch with me. And for $5, I can justify that.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
One thing I'm a little frustrated with is that The Godfather 3 film bundle is on sale for $17.99 at Vudu and FandangoNow but NOT iTunes. I think that's deliberate because they know that the 4K versions are coming later this year and they want people to pay more to get the upgrades.
iTunes has dropped the pricing for The Godfather 3 film bundle to $19.99. That's probably the best you're going to get from them.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looks like some nice bundle pricing this week! There is a nice Steve McQueen 5-film bundle for $19.99 That Frank Capra 5-film bundle in 4K is now $19.99 too.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
iTunes has dropped the pricing for The Godfather 3 film bundle to $19.99. That's probably the best you're going to get from them.
Yeah, I grabbed it as soon as I saw it, so now I'm all set for The Godfather set when it upgrades to 4K. Also picked up Pixar's Soul for $12.99 since my Disney+ subscription expired before it came out.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m glad I waited on The Godfather set that’s a great price.

Now we need the Indiana Jones to drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks