What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (6 Viewers)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I know that Apple/iTunes won’t upgrade MA purchases or items that port into iTunes via MA.

So for me personally, if I order Star Wars digitally, it would only be through iTunes so that I could preserve the option of getting that upgrade if one is ever made available.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I didn't know that Microsoft offered free 4K upgrades like Apple is doing.
I thought it was GooglePlay that was also doing free 4K upgrades. And because of that Disney properties also barrs 4K content from them like they do at iTunes. I haven't heard anything about Microsoft's policies.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
There are few titles that have quietly been replaced by 4K versions:

-Heat
-The Day the Earth Stood Still
-Wall Street
-Game of Death
-The Omen
-Big
-Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
-Edward Scissorhands
-Rocky
-Spider-Man 2

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I thought it was GooglePlay that was also doing free 4K upgrades. And because of that Disney properties also barrs 4K content from them like they do at iTunes. I haven't heard anything about Microsoft's policies.
That was a one time deal on Google as part of a promotion, unless you redeemed on MA as 4K and Google didn't have that title in 4K yet.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I know that Apple/iTunes won’t upgrade MA purchases or items that port into iTunes via MA.

So for me personally, if I order Star Wars digitally, it would only be through iTunes so that I could preserve the option of getting that upgrade if one is ever made available.
None of the Bonds have HDR.

Is it needed?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst

Jasper70

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Harold
Hill Street Blues Complete Series on sale for $19.99 iTunes today.
This would be my first purchase for digital media. However a few questions if anyone can help.
On the review section of iTunes, and there are only two, one poster stated seasons 1-3 are SD and 4-7 are HD.
The other reviewer stated the closed captioning doesn’t work. This is a matter of concern for me as I have to have the CC or subtitles.
Best way for me to corroborate these? I have the set on DVD but was thinking of upgrading. $20 is cheap.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hill Street Blues Complete Series on sale for $19.99 iTunes today.
This would be my first purchase for digital media. However a few questions if anyone can help.
On the review section of iTunes, and there are only two, one poster stated seasons 1-3 are SD and 4-7 are HD.
The other reviewer stated the closed captioning doesn’t work. This is a matter of concern for me as I have to have the CC or subtitles.
Best way for me to corroborate these? I have the set on DVD but was thinking of upgrading. $20 is cheap.
Jasper,

You can buy it then try it out and if there is a problem you can request a refund and state the reason for the refund. If you go that route, do so very quickly as iTunes is pretty good on such refund requests.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jasper,

You can buy it then try it out and if there is a problem you can request a refund and state the reason for the refund. If you go that route, do so very quickly as iTunes is pretty good on such refund requests.
Hey, I just checked and it looks like the first three seasons are indeed in SD. @Jasper70

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks