What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wishing I had an iTunes gift card today. Wow my wish list blew up today with price cuts!!!

Tell me about it. I bought a lot of stuff this morning.

Hey Crawdaddy, how is CHISUM? I don't own that Wayne movie. Any good?

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
There a few new "classic" film releases today in HD, but they are not on sale "yet"
JOAN OF ARC (Ingrid Bergman)
Sherlock Holmes ( Basil Rathbone) SPIDER WOMAN and THE WOMAN IN GREEN
NIGHTWING
GIDGET GOES HAWAIIAN
GIDGET GOES TO ROME
ELENI
BACK ROADS
AMERICAN DREAMER
A MAN CALLED HORSE

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Y'all had me afraid for my wallet, but... seems to be largely false alarm for me, haha. :lol:

I do see several I'll probably get from iTunes, but nowhere near some of the bigger weeks of the last several months for me... Well, I suppose this could be a good deal more costly if I hadn't already bought some of the titles (or owned DCs from discs)...

Meanwhile, spending quite a bit on discs these last couple weeks... and still haven't even ordered the Essential Fellini set yet -- B&N ("temporarily") sold out before I got around to ordering that (oops!)... :blush::rolleyes: Fortunately, some of that involved GCs from CC cashback and other such deals, including 20% bonus on Discover's GCs for B&N...

_Man_

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Y'all had me afraid for my wallet, but... seems to be largely false alarm for me, haha. :lol:

I do see several I'll probably get from iTunes, but nowhere near some of the bigger weeks of the last several months for me... Well, I suppose this could be a good deal more costly if I hadn't already bought some of the titles (or owned DCs from discs)...

Meanwhile, spending quite a bit on discs these last couple weeks... and still haven't even ordered the Essential Fellini set yet -- B&N ("temporarily") sold out before I got around to ordering that (oops!)... :blush::rolleyes: Fortunately, some of that involved GCs from CC cashback and other such deals, including 20% bonus on Discover's GCs for B&N...

_Man_
Same here. I have only bought two titles so far -- the 4K versions of Platoon and To Catch a Thief for $4.99 each. There were a couple of others that tempted me, but I am trying show some restraint this holiday season.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Same here. I have only bought two titles so far -- the 4K versions of Platoon and To Catch a Thief for $4.99 each. There were a couple of others that tempted me, but I am trying show some restraint this holiday season.
You need some recommendations?;)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Question on Itunes bundles. The bundles of movies list the films in the set as HD. However if you click on the individual movies it says 4K . So what do you get when you buy the bundle? Example Harry Potter Bundle.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie-collection/id1485292258

Thank you
You get the 4K versions. Always. You cannot purchase an HD version on iTunes if a 4K version is available. It’s an automatic upgrade.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Question on Itunes bundles. The bundles of movies list the films in the set as HD. However if you click on the individual movies it says 4K . So what do you get when you buy the bundle? Example Harry Potter Bundle.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie-collection/id1485292258

Thank you

You get the 4K versions. Always. You cannot purchase an HD version on iTunes if a 4K version is available. It’s an automatic upgrade.

One caveat (as it pertains to Movies Anywhere eligibility/transferability). Each 4K title in an iTunes bundle generally won't register as 4K to Movies Anywhere, if otherwise MA-eligible, (and so won't transfer/migrate as such to MA, Vudu, et al, but will be treated as HD for that purpose). Only exception may be if the bundle actually cost equal or more than the individual titles combined, which usually won't be the case if you're buying the bundle.

_Man_

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Also I’ve found that buying a 4K MA title on Vudu had ported to iTunes in 4K but not Vice versa.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Obviously you are referring to bundles, as individual 4K titles purchased at iTunes will import to MA in 4K.
But not to Vudu which is my point. And I’m talking about individual titles purchased on iTunes.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
But not to Vudu which is my point. And I’m talking about individual titles purchased on iTunes.
That's not been an issue for me. All the individual 4K titles I've purchased at iTunes have imported to Movies Anywhere and show up in UHD on Vudu just so long as Vudu actually has them available in 4K. So if you're not talking about iTunes bundles (which won't import in 4K) then I'm not following you.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’ve had individual movies bought in 4K at iTunes go to vudu in 4K every time if it’s been MA 4K in vudu.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Like Mark, most of my 4K purchases on iTunes have propagated to Vudu in 4K. However, some of them do not become 4K immediately on Vudu.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Also I’ve found that buying a 4K MA title on Vudu had ported to iTunes in 4K but not Vice versa.

Since you're talking individual titles, are you sure the ones that didn't port over as 4K were originally bought/redeemed as 4K, not HD that later got (free) upgraded to 4K?

The free upgrades to 4K that happen after purchase/redemption won't port as 4K. They're already registered w/ MA and ported as HD and stay that way (unless you somehow rebuy/re-redeem in 4K). That's why I started to wait for likely-to-be-4K-upgraded MA-eligible titles to be upgraded before buying/redeeming on iTunes in most such cases, especially if I already own the BD...

_Man_

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I purchased The Greatest Showman in 4K on iTunes almost exactly a year ago and it did not port over to Vudu in UHD. It had been available on 4K for a while at that point. That’s one example I can recall.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks