General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
@Robert Crawford any thoughts on the John Wayne film Three Faces West? It’s $5 now and it’s one I haven’t seen.
The movie doesn’t have much action as it’s “B” movie from Republic studio in which it’s one of Wayne’s few dramas. It’s not a favorite movie of mine though I own the Olive BD. I haven’t watched it since I bought that BD several years ago. It’s a short movie too, somewhere around 80 minutes or so. It takes place during the depression with dust bowl farmers trying to relocate to better farmland.

Reactions: Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Sounds interesting (and short enough) to be worth $5 for a weeknight viewing when I might not have time for a long movie but want something more than a television episode. Thanks Robert!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
There are several titles on sale at Vudu for $5.00. I bought the following titles that migrated over to iTunes:

Affair in Trinidad (1952)
The Burglar (1957)
Fire Down Below (1957)
7th Cavalry (1956)
You're tempting me there, Robert. 7th Cavalry has been on my iTunes wishlist forever and hasn't seen a price break. As a Sony title there's perhaps ever-so-slightly a chance of a future 4K upgrade, but who am I kidding? As for Fire Down Below and Affair in Trinidad, they are in the Mill Creek Rita Hayworth collection that is coming out on Blu-ray in a few weeks, so I'll be getting that instead.

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, they have a large selection of 1950s movies for $5 (including the UHD Vertigo and Rear Window for those who don't already have them). Sadly, none of the ones I was looking for.
I
Picked up how to marry a millionaire from vudu.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Was happy that King Kong ('76) was still available for $4.99

Then I searched for ROBIN AND MARIAN, a film I have never seen but has become legendary on HTF for being mentioned, and I was shocked to see it's 4K and $15.

I obviously missed the mention of the 4K upgrade in this thread. I am going to wait for a substantial price drop till I consider a purchase on it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
How is "On The Double"?

If only Paramount had fixed the digital version of SCROOGE to include the overture it would be an instant purchase.

Reactions: Osato

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I don't think the Overture will ever be added. I still have the vinyl soundtrack...which I transferred to my music on iTunes . I play the overture and then watch the film.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just bought ON THE DOUBLE and going to watch it now. I'll report back.

I also...cough...bought SCROOGE. It's a favorite of mine and for $5, I can watch it anywhere.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I just bought ON THE DOUBLE and going to watch it now. I'll report back.

I also...cough...bought SCROOGE. It's a favorite of mine and for $5, I can watch it anywhere.
I've never watched "Scrooge" so this Christmas season will be my first time. I heard good things about it, but I'm not a big musical fan so hopefully this one catches my fancy.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Scrooge is pretty incredible. Probably the most memorable of all the versions (outside of the popular Alastair Sims version which I never liked).

The film was originally released with an overture. It has appeared on every home video release, that is, until the Blu-ray release. Whoever oversaw the transfer had no idea that overture existed. It's a bit of a travesty for those of us that grew up and know the film as well as we do.

Just watched "On The Double." It was...okay. I don't think I laughed once, but I always found Kaye's antics to be entertaining and he doesn't disappoint here. There is an issue with the audio where it goes slightly in and out as if a result of some kind of filtering.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
I picked up Never Say Never Again 4k for $8
Also the great train robbery for $8 on iTunes.

Several Sean Connery films are on sale including his James Bond films for $7.99 each on iTunes.

Reactions: Neil S. Bulk

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macoco