General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals

Osato

Senior HTF Member
I noticed that Shout At The Devil starring Roger Moore is available on prime and vudu but not on iTunes.

Just curious as to why. As mgm is not with movies anywhere I would prefer to buy the title from iTunes.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
This may interest some, FandangoNow has a deal for gift cards (minimum of $25) for 15% off with the code SAVE15OFF. There's nothing that states you can't use the gift cards for the same account that purchased them. It's a way to save some money when buying 4K Movies Anywhere-compatible titles. I wouldn't use it on non-MA or HD titles that have a good chance of being upgraded in the future.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
That may have been a private sale - clicked through and got "Code already redeemed" page.
Bummer. Thanks for pointing that out Todd. Nothing in the email I received stated that it was a unique offer, which is why I posted it. Here are the terms:

1603745175385.png

Tino

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Lots of horror titles on sale..obviously. Most if not all of the classic Universal series for $4.99 each. Picked up a few titles at that price point.
House Of Wax (1953)
Ghost Of Frankenstein
Event Horizon (4K)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Someone should have told me that The Day of the Locust went on sale a few days ago. I stumbled across it this morning and bought it instantly. Hope to watch it tonight.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Someone should have told me that The Day of the Locust went on sale a few days ago. I stumbled across it this morning and bought it instantly. Hope to watch it tonight.
I bought it a long time ago and thought it looked mediocre at best and was derived from an old master.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
There are several titles on sale at Vudu for $5.00. I bought the following titles that migrated over to iTunes:

Affair in Trinidad (1952)
The Burglar (1957)
Fire Down Below (1957)
7th Cavalry (1956)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
I picked up the the remake of The Haunting in 4K on iTunes for $4.99. We have only seen the original. Also picked the three Amityville films for $9.99. I am not a fan, but my wife likes them.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I bought Quick Change and the 1976 King Kong today. I also got the FanFlix Horror email and bought the two Evil Dead movies and Ghost in the Shell.
I also received that Fanflix email and am debating what to get since I already bought Ghost in the Shell and the 2 Evil Dead flix in 4K on iTunes not long ago -- of those, I only ever got around to getting Evil Dead 2 on BD (and probably won't bother w/ 4K discs for them).

Since 3-for-$5, especially for 4K (albeit limited to Vudu/Fandango), is hard to pass up, I might just get GitS 4K again to have it on Vudu as well to go w/ a couple others I don't already have. Don't see much point in getting Evil Dead 4K again this way, but maybe Evil Dead 2 perhaps.

Considering Scary Stories and You're Next even though I'm not really a horror fan (and my immediate family definitely does not watch much of any) -- I do try to get some truly great and/or fun/entertaining (often cult) classics into my collection, especially ones that cross well into other genres rather than being more standard genre fare...

On iTunes, I spotted Horror of Dracula, which I might get for $5. Those Christopher Lee Hammer Dracula flix were such classics I grew up (and regularly spooked) with... though they might cause me to regress back into my former, slight paranoia re: vampires, LOL...

_Man_

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
There are several titles on sale at Vudu for $5.00. I bought the following titles that migrated over to iTunes:

Affair in Trinidad (1952)
The Burglar (1957)
Fire Down Below (1957)
7th Cavalry (1956)
Yeah, they have a large selection of 1950s movies for $5 (including the UHD Vertigo and Rear Window for those who don't already have them). Sadly, none of the ones I was looking for.

Reactions: Osato

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xero Tolerance