General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals

Tino

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Iceman, a terrific film I strongly recommend is on sale for $4.99.

“A prehistoric Neanderthal man found frozen in ice is revived by an arctic exploration team, who then attempt to use him for their own scientific means.”

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Friday sales are very light this week. One title I’ve been waiting a long time for is finally on sale for $4.99: Track of the Cat. Now I just need The High and the Mighty to go on sale at some point to complete me Batjak collection in HD. No matter, Kino is just about to break my bank with their latest Blu-ray sale!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
I only picked up the extra Hobbitses Movies.
Already had them but they aren’t expected to be switched to 4K.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Supporter
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The movie Bug is $5 and highly recommended for who anyone who wants to see a really messed up flick. Yeah, the one starring Ashley Judd and Michael Shannon.

Tracy Letts story, and he can get pretty twisted. Directed by William Friedkin. Sort of your typical "lets lock ourselves in a cheap motel and go insane" kind of flick.

• Love
Reactions: TravisR

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The movie Bug is $5 and highly recommended for who anyone who wants to see a really messed up flick. Yeah, the one starring Ashley Judd and Michael Shannon.

Tracy Letts story, and he can get pretty twisted. Directed by William Friedkin. Sort of your typical "lets lock ourselves in a cheap motel and go insane" kind of flick.
I saw the play off-B'way with Michael Shannon. First time I saw the man (all of him). Unforgettable experience. He has since become one of my favorite actors for his raw, courageous performances.

Reactions: TravisR

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Supporter
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I saw the play off-B'way with Michael Shannon. First time I saw the man (all of him). Unforgettable experience. He has since become one of my favorite actors for his raw, courageous performances.
First movie I ever saw him in, and he freaked me out. It was his breakout role, both on stage and film.

Tracy Letts is also a pretty bankable guy.

I might have to do a double feature of Bug and Take Shelter.

Reactions: bujaki and TravisR

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
First movie I ever saw him in, and he freaked me out. It was his breakout role, both on stage and film.
I had seen him in other things but Bug and Revolutionary Road were the movies where he made an indelible mark on my memory. Boardwalk Empire is what made him a legend to me. One of the many great things about Shannon is how well his intensity lends itself to both comedy and drama.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
I see that Fanflix has a few movies for $5 including The Way We Were in 4K.

It isn’t 4K on iTunes right yet but Way seems to be MA compatible. More specifically it must be redeemed at MA.

Has anyone bought from Fanflix and has successfully had it upgrade on iTunes?
Maybe a better question is do movies redeemed at MA in 4K that aren’t 4K at ITunes eventually get upped to 4K and would that happen with Way if iTunes does switch it to 4K?

:blink:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst

It isn’t 4K on iTunes right yet but Way seems to be MA compatible. More specifically it must be redeemed at MA.

Maybe a better question is do movies redeemed at MA in 4K that aren’t 4K at ITunes eventually get upped to 4K and would that happen with Way if iTunes does switch it to 4K?

I bought The Way We Were in 4K a while back at Vudu and it imported into Movies Anywhere in 4K even though MA itself doesn’t have a 4K version available. You’ll get access to Vudu, FandangoNow and Amazon in 4K. iTunes will remain in HD until they upgrade, which at this point is unlikely. And yes if iTunes ever does upgrade you would get 4K because it is Movies Anywhere that determines what resolution you own.

Reactions: TonyD

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

I have never purchased from FanFlix before, although Warner does send me emails from them from time to time when they are having a "Warner" sale, so they are most likely legit. If they give you the code before redeeming, you can always check what resolution it will redeem as through MA by either logging out of MA or opening a private/incognito browser window on Movies Anywhere, click on redeem, and it will then provide you with the resolution the code is good for.
MA-RedeemCheck.jpg

Ever since Universal released Jaws on 4K, I always check my codes this way to make sure they will redeem as 4K. My Jaws code was going to redeem as HD until several days after the disc streeted and the code was corrected in MA as 4K.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I have never purchased from FanFlix before, although Warner does send me emails from them from time to time when they are having a "Warner" sale, so they are most likely legit. If they give you the code before redeeming, you can always check what resolution it will redeem as through MA by either logging out of MA or opening a private/incognito browser window on Movies Anywhere, click on redeem, and it will then provide you with the resolution the code is good for.
View attachment 80737

Ever since Universal released Jaws on 4K, I always check my codes this way to make sure they will redeem as 4K. My Jaws code was going to redeem as HD until several days after the disc streeted and the code was corrected in MA as 4K.
They're legit.

Others have posted about purchases w/out any issues, and I also bought from them on 2 separate occasions, including the last time (couple weeks back) when they had a pretty sizable batch of 4K digitals of solid/popular (mostly Sony?) titles, including Karate Kid, Jumanji, Hook, Groundhog Day, Moneyball, Taxi Driver, Guns of Navarone and such, available in a 5-for-$20 deal -- and all in that particular sale were MA-eligible IIRC although one I bought is still only HD on iTunes. I actually bought 3 bundles for 15 titles in that sale.

So yeah, if you see what you like, especially at better bargain than the usual $5 iTunes sales, go fer it.

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
Oh yeah, I know they’re legit.
I only wanted to be sure I would get the 4K version across the board.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megabyzus