What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (2 Viewers)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
So I just noticed on my CheapCharts app the recent, well reviewed HBO movie Bad Education dropped to $5 on iTunes and bought it... not expecting it to be on MA (according to CheapCharts).

And as I've been doing, I went to add it to my "iTunes Only" personal list on Vudu (for titles I only have on iTunes), but noticed Vudu actually lists it as MA-eligible. Went over to MA, and lo and behold, but for whatever reason, CheapCharts doesn't agree and my iTunes purchase doesn't transfer to MA (and Vudu). I tried buying it on my MA app (just to see what happens), and it strangely tells me it's not available on iTunes, but it's been on iTunes for at least a few months now (and I just bought it via my iPhone), so what gives???

Hmmm... HBO isn't actually supposed to be an MA partner even though Warner is, right? I checked a couple other HBO movies I know, and they're not on MA. But somehow, this recent movie Bad Education is on there, yet not actually linked to the one on iTunes. Odd...

_Man_

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Hmmm... HBO isn't actually supposed to be an MA partner even though Warner is, right? I checked a couple other HBO movies I know, and they're not on MA. But somehow, this recent movie Bad Education is on there, yet not actually linked to the one on iTunes.

HBO does have a number of movies that are MA eligible, including Bad Education (search "HBO" on Movies Anywhere to see the rest). iTunes probably just doesn't have it MA enabled on their end. It happens.

Pro tip: If you're using the CheapCharts iOS app instead of the website, you're not seeing deals at Vudu, Amazon, and Google...

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
North by northwest is $5 on iTunes.

is this one that will receive a 4k upgrade In the near future?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
HBO does have a number of movies that are MA eligible, including Bad Education (search "HBO" on Movies Anywhere to see the rest). iTunes probably just doesn't have it MA enabled on their end. It happens.

Hmmm... which ones do you see? Just tried searching for "HBO" on MA, and only see a few docs plus Bad Education... and just like Bad Education, none of them seem linked to iTunes even though they are actually available on iTunes.

Pro tip: If you're using the CheapCharts iOS app instead of the website, you're not seeing deals at Vudu, Amazon, and Google...

Heh... so far, I just prefer the convenience of the app on my iPhone on top of the fact iTunes has their free 4K upgrades policy and nearly all the best deals show up most frequently there while anything all that good from the others tend to get mentioned here anyway... plus Vudu -- the only other particularly significant digital storefront -- sends me regular emails about their deals anyway...

Sure, if a 4K title is MA-eligible and at a (same or better) price I'm ready to pay on either iTunes or Vudu (or somewhere else perhaps), I'd like to give Vudu (or whomever else) my business if for no other reason to help promote competition in this marketplace.

But yeah, ideally, we'd get a CheapCharts app that covers all the major storefronts in a well-merged form...

North by northwest is $5 on iTunes.

is this one that will receive a 4k upgrade In the near future?

No idea about near future, but that seems as likely as any other Hitchcock film to get 4K upgrade in the next year or so...

But since it's MA-eligible and seems likely to return to $5 pretty often, I'll just wait for it to actually get the 4K upgrade before buying. Afterall, we all already have a solid BD of it, no?

_Man_

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Serenity is currently $5 at Amazon. :)
The 4K version is $4.99 on iTunes -- I wasn't just kidding :cool: -- while not sure about Amazon (re: 4K pricing). And yeah, it's MA-eligible.

_Man_
Amazon currently only has it in HD (although that may change soon as many of my Universal 4K MA-eligible movies have been slowly upgraded to 4K), but iTunes (aka Apple TV) has it in 4K for $4.99.

This is the Joss Whedon Serenity, not to be confused with the Matthew McConaughey garbage Serenity (both released by Universal).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks