What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (5 Viewers)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
A huge Arrow $2.99 sale!
Holy crap! You weren't kidding!

For those looking for more Dario Argento, his film Deep Red is part of this sale. It's one of his better films, and the transfer from Arrow should be excellent -- at least, the BD I have is excellent.

I see that several "Sartana" spaghetti westerns are part of this sale. I have never seen any of these. Is anyone familiar with these films and can offer a recommendation?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think this film suffers from the fact that it's a remake of such a classic movie. It's ALWAYS going to compared to the original. But, Carpenter went there, and he didn't deliver. For me. If only he'd brought his A-game on VotD like he did with The Thing.
I know what you're saying but for me, the original is a good movie but I haven't seen it enough to be particularly attached to it so I have no problem not comparing the two versions. I've seen the remake way more than the original and while it's far from a great movie, I do think it gets knocked more than it should.

For what it's worth, I think Carpenter himself would agree more with you than me.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm tempted to pick up The Man Who Killed Don Quixote for $5, and I'm a Gilliam fan for the most part. Any opinions of the film to share?

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Holy crap! You weren't kidding!

For those looking for more Dario Argento, his film Deep Red is part of this sale. It's one of his better films, and the transfer from Arrow should be excellent -- at least, the BD I have is excellent.

I see that several "Sartana" spaghetti westerns are part of this sale. I have never seen any of these. Is anyone familiar with these films and can offer a recommendation?
Including no-frills versions of all (I think) the titles in its GAMERA box set, which is coming soon.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I can see all the gamera movies at the cheepcharts app but not on the Blu-ray .com chart thing. Odd.

I’m not familiar with about 97% of these Arrow Movies.
They seem like most of them are low budget horror/slasher or westerns?

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I found a write-up of the Sartana films here. Being a spaghetti western fan, I decided to pick up all five of the films that Arrow released as part of the $2.99 sale, and plan on watching the first one tonight.

I decided to pick up all of five of the Arrow Sartana films as well, Scott. Blind buys for me. Hopefully neither of us will be disappointed. :)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I decided to pick up all of five of the Arrow Sartana films as well, Scott. Blind buys for me. Hopefully neither of us will be disappointed. :)
I watched the first two films last night -- If You Meet Sartana... Pray For Your Death and I am Sartana, Your Angel of Death -- and thought both were decent representations of the genre. Neither was as good as Leone's films, but I thought they compared favorably with other spaghetti westerns in my collection such as Keoma and the Django films. Both movies also featured Klaus Kinski in villain roles, which was a plus, IMO.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I watched the first two films last night -- If You Meet Sartana... Pray For Your Death and I am Sartana, Your Angel of Death -- and thought both were decent representations of the genre. Neither was as good as Leone's films, but I thought they compared favorably with other spaghetti westerns in my collection such as Keoma and the Django films. Both movies also featured Klaus Kinski in villain roles, which was a plus, IMO.

Thanks for your impressions. Yeah, I noticed that Kinski was invovled in some of them. He seems to have gone through a period in his career where he made a mark playing bad guys in westerns.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Ah, another Tuesday, another bunch of iTunes 4K titles that are overpriced (IMO) at $6.99-$9.99. Looks like I'll be saving some money this week.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
are they a part of movies anywhere??

thanks
Tim

The answer lies in the post you quoted, young grasshopper ;)

On a side note, I didn't realize MA had gotten up to 9 retailers. If it can just get the remaining studios on board, it really will be a fairly robust digital locker system.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks